What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s great! Wish I could get my dad to follow suit.
It’s taken a longish time @Goonergal the first four/five months I ate that way she was really negative and kept buying in really naughty puddings and cakes to try and tempt me with and getting upset when I didn’t eat it! it’s been a slow burn for her possibly seeing my health improve and me cooking a lot for her as I’m up regularly to York’s (and fill freezer) and her discovering both that she likes the food I prepare for her - she’s rediscovering the full fat foods of her youth with some glee and her health is improving with her bloods lowering and her low kidney function stabilising. She often says “this is how we used to eat when I was young.”
Fbg today 4.8 - all good off to Yorks after car packed

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who memorised Eskimo Nell hehehe
Yep I played rugby in my youf.

A 6.4 from yesterday and a 6.0 today.

Well folks have a good one I would like to, but I have been ordered to wake up Mrs J at 8:30 drat, **** and blast......

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. 5.8 today. Cant believe its nearly the weekend again. Inflamation in knee rearing its ugly head again prob cos I was on my feet from getting up till 3.30pm yesterday. As my OH said when we were young you just bounced back but it takes a bit longer these days. Oh well could be a lot worse. Anyone else enjoying the rain and cooler temps?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.4 for me today - top end of amber zone personally but well aware of huge range of highly personal views on what constitutes fbg targets.
@Jenniewren1958 great news about the eye test result.
I am off to Southampton for a couple of days as Mrs P wants to see new granddaughter and half sister. Unlikely to post for a couple of days as it will take all my energy to pretend to be enjoying the experience:angelic:
@PenguinMum Anyone else enjoying the rain and cooler temps? I was just mentally "in the zone" to get through this then I read that and the red mist descended:angelic:

Last edited:

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 5.4 for me today - top end of amber zone personally but well aware of huge range of highly personal views on what constitutes fbg targets.
@Jenniewren1958 great news about the eye test result.
I am off to Southampton for a couple of days as Mrs P wants to see new granddaughter and half sister. Unlikely to post for a couple of days as it will take all my energy to pretend to be enjoying the experience:angelic:

Thankyou Ian, have fun with the grandchildren

Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You really don't know me do you @Jenniewren1958 they are girls. Our grandson stayed last week so I have had my fun for now:angelic:
Heh know what you mean Ian. I had two boys and when girls came round they were a different species, now with girlfriends its not changed much! Maybe one of the new grandaughters will be a bit of a tomboy!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heh know what you mean Ian. I had two boys and when girls came round they were a different species, now with girlfriends its not changed much! Maybe one of the new grandaughters will be a bit of a tomboy!
Thanks @PenguinMum both those 2 are likely to be 6 footers so I would like to see one of them play Rugby or Cricket - so would their dad. The other new baby girl is likely to acquire some Essex girl traits from other half of her family - could be a fun relationship.