What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Emma there's little we can do about it when we're poorly..we just have to be patient...it'll pass...just look after yourself those numbers will come down soon enough:)
Thank you. And deep down I know that. Hate having no control and no appetite. falling ill within 3 weeks of being diagnosed just feels frustrating as I was just seeing results from Diet. Hopefully a chilled weekend will allow my body to rest and recover :)

Reactions: Cumberland

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.9 today. Mild and grey here. Long walk for me, hope it doesn’t rain.
@OrsonKartt, hope you are recovering from your tumble and bug
@Emma_369 hoping you turn the corner very soon.
@Ziggy2017, fingers crossed for you.
@PenguinMum hope the illness and inflamed knee settle down.
Hope everyone else is well. Your BG is in check. Have a great day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. And deep down I know that. Hate having no control and no appetite. falling ill within 3 weeks of being diagnosed just feels frustrating as I was just seeing results from Diet. Hopefully a chilled weekend will allow my body to rest and recover :)
Perfectly normal reaction to be frustrated. The time to worry is when numbers don't matter anymore - being human means you come with emotions.:arghh:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good morning all. 5.9 today. Mild and grey here. Long walk for me, hope it doesn’t rain.
@OrsonKartt, hope you are recovering from your tumble and bug
@Emma_369 hoping you turn the corner very soon.
@Ziggy2017, fingers crossed for you.
@PenguinMum hope the illness and inflamed knee settle down.
Hope everyone else is well. Your BG is in check. Have a great day.
I'm in awe and feel somewhat humbled at the amount of people on this site who can keep up with everyones bits and bobs. Thank you all

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs your Hardy poem made me feel quite cold had to switch the heating on for a few minutes - I need to find a funny poem to celebrate national poetry day! Maybe one of the Liverpool poets like Roger Mcgough?
https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/let-me-die-a-youngman-s-death/
Ok it’s about death many poems are but it raises a laugh for me every time!
On topic - 4.9 bg happy with that
Hope everyone has a brilliant day today

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 at 7.25 am. Bedtime reading was 4.7 at 10.40 pm.

No particular plans today. Got somebody coming to collect an old cooker this afternoon (and no, that's not a euphamism) and got the first of the rugby league playoff semi-finals on TV tonight, but otherwise the day is mine to do with as I wish. Think I might just read a book or stick some music on.

Have a good day everybody.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs your Hardy poem made me feel quite cold had to switch the heating on for a few minutes - I need to find a funny poem to celebrate national poetry day! Maybe one of the Liverpool poets like Roger Mcgough?
https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/let-me-die-a-youngman-s-death/
Ok it’s about death many poems are but it raises a laugh for me every time!
On topic - 4.9 bg happy with that
Hope everyone has a brilliant day today
Thought about quoting from that Mcgough poem but Hardy is just the kind of cheery soul that resonates with me:angelic:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all poets the good, the bad and the ugly.

A worrying low 5.1 greeted me this morning.

Today I shall be walking wif a bunch of nuts, and a few other walkers who lead me astray.
Have a good one folks.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 at 0800. I just want to reach out to all those unwell at the moment and seeing their BG freerolling. We have to hang on to every day is a day nearer to getting well again. Yesterday I had 3 small meals last one at 5pm and slept in my bed but still not great result this morning. But it is what it is and I just want the pain to go now and be able to get out of my house again. All the lurgies and my ailment will pass but spare a thought for those that this scenario is constant. Thanks for your good wishes @Canvaspic . Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and well!