What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning.
Early appointment with nurse to take blood for my HbA1c, not overly looking forward to the results as I've been in the 6's for a while.
Enjoy the day :)
The result will just be a status update - snapshot of what is going on. Long term you are taking back control and making Harrison great again.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.6 today. Dull, grey and a bit cooler. Home gym for me today.
Have slipped of the keto waggon some days back...still running along side though. And have been mostly below 40g carbs. So will stick to it today and tomorrow and see if I can edge down my numbers a bit.
Mums first actual day of radiation for her breast cancer, yesterday (Previously it was setups, dry runs and scans) .It went good, so hoping for uneventful 3 weeks and then she can get back to her gambling and jam making ways.
Hoping everyone is well today. Your BG gets no funny ideas. Have a great day.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday all
Bg 4.6
@HarrisonK good luck with your blood draw
@Canvaspic your mum sounds amazing gambling and jam making! My mum does the gambling - with bingo three times a week but not the jam making ( thankfully as she’s diabetic like me!) hope treatment isn’t too arduous
@PenguinMum hope things are improving for you re your pain and sleep
@ianpspurs your bgs are behaving today good start to weekend.
@Debandez good luck with today’s photo shoot in London I’m sure you’ll sparkle!
Hoping weather brightens up later as it did here yesterday

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday all
Bg 4.6
@HarrisonK good luck with your blood draw
@Canvaspic your mum sounds amazing gambling and jam making! My mum does the gambling - with bingo three times a week but not the jam making ( thankfully as she’s diabetic like me!) hope treatment isn’t too arduous
@PenguinMum hope things are improving for you re your pain and sleep
@Debandez good luck with today’s photo shoot in London I’m sure you’ll sparkle!
Another lovely post from you @shelley262 you are so thoughtful. Thanks for your good wishes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @shelley262. Numbers are fine but early waking has me playing silly people. Hoeing and picking pears before 7.00 am is not needed but by that time it seemed like midday.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today

Heres my little bit of chat:

My social media post this morning copied and pasted.

Travelling to London and back in a day! I had forgotten that there were 2 x 6 clocks in a day! This one isn't boding well with my eyes that's for sure! This particular day trip required a very early start. Didn't sleep much as didn't want to over sleep!!!

I've been invited to tell my story about how I've reversed my diabetes to a national magazine, complete with photoshoot. (Thanks to DCUK PR team) Glam photoshoot they called it. 'Are you ok with sparkle' they said 'sparkle is my middle name' i replied. I wish it was an overnight, i could have shown them my diamante and sequin dressing gown .

Not sure I can say which one but can say which it isn't and there is absolutely no connection with one of Adele's hits! All expenses paid . I even get lunch thrown in (Not literally I'm hoping!). Not sure it will be low carb though so this could end up being a day of fasting which isn't a bad thing after what I ate yesterday. Hoping to meet up with @Goonergal at some point if my itinerary permits. Not having done anything like this before I'm absolutely clueless.

I'm a little nervous but very excited to spread the word that type 2 diabetes can be controlled and put into remission with the right food choices. Lowering sugar intake isn't enough (the advice given in general). Lowering carbs and sugar is the way forward.

Give me that microphone!!!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 this morning which I think is down to two great nights sleep in a bed. Some great numbers people, especially for you @ianpspurs but you dont need to get up in the dark. There must be some way of you getting back to sleep.
@Canvaspic glad your mum coped well with first radiotherapy and wish her well. The ladies of this generation are made of stern stuff.
@Debandez good luck on the interview and enjoy the photoshoot. Let us know which publication when you can. You will sparkle in every way.