What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Congrats on your weight loss. Really well done.
@ianpspurs -- Sorry to read you're feeling a bit down. Maybe, it is just the virus, you need to get out of your system. Alternatively, it might of course also be diet-related. Do you feel yourself craving certain foods? My mother always said that your body will tell you what it needs (which I still subscribe to within limits -- although I have to admit that it told me that I needed lots of refined carbs when I obviously didn't).

Fasting blood sugars were 5.1 today.

Have a fabulous day all and enjoy the golden October.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 Monday
5.5 Tuesday
6.4 today!

It's been a challenging few days food wise. Celebrations for my daughter's 30th birthday. I have been good until last night. Family meal out. And I came up against this tempting little monkey! I gave in and had a piece. Left nothing on the plate! Disappeared like magic!

Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_220705_553.jpg
    IMG_20181009_220705_553.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 141

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland I assume that is a little low for you so hope taking appropriate action has raised it. @PenguinMum hope the hobbling clears up sooner rather than later. I have no problems avoiding starchy veg or ticking any number of boxes. @ziggy_w There is nothing I am craving I just know deep down this is not what wellness feels like. As I don't know anything better I will continue ticking boxes. Thanks for all the comments and support guys:) At least nothing bad is going on - just doesn't feel like wellness should #mysterygate

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an eventful start to my day...about to devour my second cup of coffee when I receive a text from my bank telling me I am over my limit...almost spill my precious coffee...icomplain mmediately call customer services.
5.1 Monday
5.5 Tuesday
6.4 today!

It's been a challenging few days food wise. Celebrations for my daughter's 30th birthday. I have been good until last night. Family meal out. And I came up against this tempting little monkey! I gave in and had a piece. Left nothing on the plate! Disappeared like magic!

Have a great day everyone.
You did well Debandez to stop at one piece...I'd have gone in for a second slice :banghead:

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an eventful start to my day...a text from my bank to advise me I am over the limit & if I do not pay money in before 14:30 they will charge me...I checked my account...I am in funds as I thought I would be...so I charged them for wasting my time...causing me anxiety...cutting me off during lengthy calls...finally on the third call after an hour of my valuable time they agreed £75 in compensation...apparently they have a systems error that has sent this message out to many customers...so the TSB have made a very expensive mistake (again)...woke to a 5.8

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi guys I have some good news and some not so great news. The not so great news is I just had a hypo.the good news is that I might be getting my hypo awareness back as it made me feel awful

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning...an eventful start to my day...a text from my bank to advise me I am over the limit & if I do not pay money in before 14:30 they will charge me...I checked my account...I am in funds as I thought I would be...so I charged them for wasting my time...causing me anxiety...cutting me off during lengthy calls...finally on the third call after an hour of my valuable time they agreed £75 in compensation...apparently they have a systems error that has sent this message out to many customers...so the TSB have made a very expensive mistake (again)...woke to a 5.8
Nice one!!!!

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This happened to me too last week. Went to bed on a 7.0 and woke up to a 3.2 the next day. It scared me as it was my 1st ever hypo. PS: Ive only been diagnosed 3 months ago

It still scares me after being diagnosed for 6 years, ive had em, I hate the sleep deprivation from having one in the middle of the night! Awful things! Hope youre doing ok

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice one!!!!
Orson I have absolutely no sympathy for them at all...banks would not hesitate to charge us...that in my view needs to be reciprocal...I've had those messages before without any foundation for it...this morning they just peed me off...so it cost them & I hope all those other customers who received that text in error do likewise...that way they'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Woke this morning to a 9bg, appointment 9am with D nurse, results HbA1c 59, total chol 5.1, trigs 1.5, HDL 1.16, LDL 3.3, she was pleased from my last results. Will have another review in three months to see if maintains or improved. Overall pleased how started year out of control!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pick a number:

First FBG reading this morning, 7.2.
I thought that seemed too high so I tried again, on my other hand. 7.2 again.
So I tried that same hand, same finger, but with a new lancet and my other, backup, meter. 6.2.
So back to my usual meter with the same pinprick. 6.5.
I'm assuming the new lancet made the difference. I hope it's that simple.

My usual meter is a OneTouch Ultra 2. My backup is a Relion Prime.