What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 as I had a little treat night after having had my hba1c bloods done yesterday. Expected it to be higher so very happy. Chocolate was involved and more than 2 pieces! Party for 1.

CHECK OUT BBC4 THE FOOD PROGRAMME (JUST FINISHED)- THE BIG CARB DEBATE
PART 2 AND PART 3 TO FOLLOW.
Excellent.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Those aren’t very big ‘andles Mr S. so any more weight loss probably isn’t a good idea. One little thing, if your body/liver has decided that it’d like your BG to be in the high 5s or 6’s and whatever you eat that’s where it’s going to be, might you be better relaxing the diet a tad (say 30 - 40g a day carbs) if you can show it doesn’t push it up more than a little bit? What’s the lesser of the evils, slightly higher BG or a very limited diet?
A very limited diet IMHO but thanks.

Reactions: Geoffno6

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 as I had a little treat night after having had my hba1c bloods done yesterday. Expected it to be higher so very happy. Chocolate was involved and more than 2 pieces! Party for 1.

CHECK OUT BBC4 THE FOOD PROGRAMME (JUST FINISHED)- THE BIG CARB DEBATE
PART 2 AND PART 3 TO FOLLOW.
Excellent.
Just listened on a catch up podcast - very interesting discussion also particularly interested in the bit at end about the management of non food elements in our lives such as sleep and stress in the prevention and management of Diabetes type 2. I’m increasingly convinced that for me it was a mix of food choices, high stress factors and lack of good quality sleep that led to my hbaca1 of 97 and that now raised stress and any associated sleep disturbance have bigger impact on me than food - because of my continued low carb way of eating managing the impact of food. I’m committed to working on stress and sleep as by managing them I can help keep my bgs in my desired maintenance range and as steady as possible. Thank you @Debandez i hadn’t spotted this was on today. Next one on type 2 looks interesting too.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, left home at 7.30am to go and play walking football and didn’t get home until 5pm after a long post footie walk and some retail therapy - @DJC3 I definitely seem to have acquired your jumper buying addiction.

Sorry to see that @karen8967 @philchap1 and @Cumberland are still having hypo issues - big hugs.

And thanks all for the welcome back - have missed the daily check ins.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Usual higher 5.4 on the weekend thanks to the liver dump. Weekdays its more like 4.5

Bonus points though for the last 2 days I have managed the same numbers pre and post meal. (with a 3km fast walk, takes 24min)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the interest @geefull. The avatar is a new one taken yesterday and to my eyes that looks like a man who shouldn't lose more weight. How I solve this riddle is driving me nuts. I am already squashing my tastes in food to hold a bg level I think is too high anyhow. Nightmare. Today was avocado on Schenierbrot LC bead with poached egg followed by 70 mins dog walk - same 6.4 as last 2 days - no food - whereas trend is 5.3-5.6 - that surely can't be right. High maybe but exactly the same number??

You certainly don’t need to lose any more weight - I can see your ribs.
It’s such a conundrum isn’t it? And there are so many approaches to it, what works for one won’t necessarily work for someone else. Maintaining bg levels while maintaining weight does seem to be frustratingly hard.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s such a conundrum isn’t it? And there are so many approaches to it, what works for one won’t necessarily work for someone else. Maintaining bg levels while maintaining weight does seem to be frustratingly hard.
That is my point about LC being a very good weight loss tool but weak for bg control - certainly for me. A tad frustrated.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep. Ive got that t-shirt. Not @ianpspurs t-shirt! Just figeratively speaking :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, is walking football just like what Leicester City does only you can't move out of a walk? On a smaller pitch? Same ball? I want to pitch the idea here (pun fully intended).