What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@philchap1 thank you you said the right thing when I needed it. A simple reminder about hypo awareness. Thank you again
I've lost mine after 51 years of type 1 because of the length of time and good control (you can't win lol) have tried running it higher but my consultant said I won't get it back , I've had to retire from work early and stop driving but I'm still in one piece, every cloud has a silver lining.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning All. 5.6 at 0800. Good to see a 5 again. What a stormy night. Woke at 3 then drifted in and out of sleep after that worrying about my OH long drive home this evening and son getting plane from Dublin.
Stay well, safe and if possible hypo free everyone.

Yes I used to worry a lot when my son was flying back to the UK from Dublin so I would track his flight on line till it landed safely in the UK.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.8 today, first day on the Dexcom G6 lowest was 4.7 highest 6.8; really impressed with the accuracy, stay safe everyone.
Congrats on getting the G6 very good piece of equipement hope it will help you a lot.
One thing I like about the G6 is you can link it to an Amazon Echo or other Alexa enabled device and then be able to ask it to tell you what your BG level is and if the device has a screen get graphs and the like.But then I'm into gadgets.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congrats on getting the G6 very good piece of equipement hope it will help you a lot.
One thing I like about the G6 is you can link it to an Amazon Echo or other Alexa enabled device and then be able to ask it to tell you what your BG level is and if the device has a screen get graphs and the like.But then I'm into gadgets.
Thanks for the info, had to change my phone as it only works with mainly iPhones and Samsung galaxy the later has to be running on software 7.0 nougat, can you link it to Google home hub ?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all on this wet and blustery day. At least its a bit warmer. fbs 7.9 this morning. :banghead: Off to do our voluntary work later. Well done everyone on keeping your levels below 7.:joyful: Stay dry and safe whatever you are doing today.:)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone I had a very busy but very good day yesterday first my mum and I went to pick up my aunt at her house and we all went to new look my mum found a nice dress and I got two jumpers as Christmas presents (we always get a Christmas Day and a Boxing Day outfit) after that we went to see my nanny she was ok but very confused due to her dementia afterwards my mum my aunt and I went to the shopping centre as my aunt wanted to look in primark after primark we went and got a bit of lunch in Costa (my mum and aunt shared a turkey wrap and I had tomato and basil soup) then we went into Asda to get some stuff for the dinner then we went home and had our dinner finally at six o clock we went out to get the Christmas Eve pyjamas blood sugars were 5.8 yesterday and 4.8 today have a good day everyone

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
after reading all yours, mines a rather boring 6.5 this morning...late to bed, and a naughty bit of toast late on last night to blame.

very windy here in london..off to docs in a bit for a check up..

best wishes for a good day, all :headphone:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone I had a very busy but very good day yesterday first my mum and I went to pick up my aunt at her house and we all went to new look my mum found a nice dress and I got two jumpers as Christmas presents (we always get a Christmas Day and a Boxing Day outfit) after that we went to see my nanny she was ok but very confused due to her dementia afterwards my mum my aunt and I went to the shopping centre as my aunt wanted to look in primark after primark we went and got a bit of lunch in Costa (my mum and aunt shared a turkey wrap and I had tomato and basil soup) then we went into Asda to get some stuff for the dinner then we went home and had our dinner finally at six o clock we went out to get the Christmas Eve pyjamas blood sugars were 5.8 yesterday and 4.8 today have a good day everyone
Sounds as though you really enjoyed your day and it has put you in a good place - fandabidozi you deserve it:)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello friends
Grateful thanks to you for your well wishes for cataract op

Wow what a difference

No more looking like a foggy (frosted glass) view

I’m on the list for my other eye (which is reasonably ok still)

Thanks once again friends

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
what is the criteria phil if you dont mind me asking
I have no hypo awareness so it's seeming normal one minute to unconscious the next, lost it due to good control and my consultant says it won't return because of the length of type 1 and good control ( you can't win lol) not sure what else is in the criteria.