What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning and the Xmas jumper is on! 8hrs at work and then I’m off to help my amazing friend who has spent the last month collecting donations so that tonight 6 Xmas elves can work till the early hours of the morning making 100 giant Xmas hampers filled with useful winter items, xmas crackers, chocolate goodies and gifts to donate to local charities for families who are in circumstances that mean their Xmas needs an extra hand to make it special. So I hope everyone has a jolly, merry day

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
It took me 2 whole years to get the courage to take my Christmas jumper which was a pressie to the charity shop . Phew! This morning my sugars are 5.2 after a day of lunch time networking in London ( read drinking wine over lunch ) and a very very late supper around mid night. ( roast veggies with cheese and nuts. I havent eaten that late in a very long time and am pleased my my body can still cope. Unless of course its this new pot of strips ! Hope your Friday goes well all....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning and the Xmas jumper is on! 8hrs at work and then I’m off to help my amazing friend who has spent the last month collecting donations so that tonight 6 Xmas elves can work till the early hours of the morning making 100 giant Xmas hampers filled with useful winter items, xmas crackers, chocolate goodies and gifts to donate to local charities for families who are in circumstances that mean their Xmas needs an extra hand to make it special. So I hope everyone has a jolly, merry day

Sounds great fun and very worthwhile. Glad you’ve got your Christmas jumper on too!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Would prefer a 5
Had a bit of a shock yesterday when we had a roofer come to investigate why our kitchen floods whenever it rains. ( which is very often in Cornwall) turns out the chimney is crumbling and we’re going to need a new one! Not ideal just before Christmas. Its over 200yrs old though so maybe its to be expected.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh it’s literally got bells on it. I sound like Santa’s sleigh when I walk - sure the school moms will think I’m crazy. But love an excuse to wear a Xmas jumper in November :)

Haha sounds brilliant. Maybe we should all change our avatars to Christmas jumper wearing ones
@OrsonKartt you’ll have to rush off to the charity shop and get yours back. How could you give it away?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late this morning trying to catch up as slept later than planned!
Bg 5.0
Friday ketones 1.0
So all good but busy day ahead. Hope all well and a good Friday had by all.
@DJC3 ive never had a Christmas jumper and anyway if I had it would have been way too big now ! I never used to wear woollens much as felt they made me look bigger plus I was so hot with all my extra fat insulation! Maybe it’s time has come!
Edit to add so sorry to hear about the crumbling chimney @DJC3 hope it’s not too expensive a job !

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late this morning trying to catch up as slept later than planned!
Bg 5.0
Friday ketones 1.0
So all good but busy day ahead. Hope all well and a good Friday had by all.
@DJC3 ive never had a Christmas jumper and anyway if I had it would have been way too big now ! I never used to wear woollens much as felt they made me look bigger plus I was so hot with all my extra fat insulation! Maybe it’s time has come!
Plenty of time before Dec 14th - probably a good idea to give it/them a few test drives first:angelic:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
6.2 today - which is my standard territory. Would like it lower, but accepting that I am doing the right things and in a healthy zone so maybe that's just my range for now.
Tomorrow I will have a little surprise for you all. Don't get too excited. But something to look forward to....