What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1543592459844.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning-afternoon, all. I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the board -- I'm watching Arsenal and the Spurs and cheering for both ...

Then on to Anfield via NBCSN
For me horns of a dilemma born in Everton Liverpool fan since first stood with father at the Kop end Anfield.

Have to admit I was not rooting for Arsenal. My grandson's father is a gooner his first choice for a name for grandson was and this is no lie Arsenal sorry to say it put me off the team for life.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
- I'm watching Arsenal and the Spurs and cheering for both ...
So were our midfield:arghh: @Goonergal Were you there and having a great time?. That display is why I say Poch is not a winner and the best days of this squad are over - bit like my bg control lately. Difference is I still have some fight in me:banghead:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me horns of a dilemma born in Everton Liverpool fan since first stood with father at the Kop end Anfield.

Have to admit I was not rooting for Arsenal. My grandson's father is a gooner his first choice for a name for grandson was and this is no lie Arsenal sorry to say it put me off the team for life.

I understand the horns of a football dilemma. I got my second degree at the University of Alabama, which is the main football rival of my undergraduate alma mater, Auburn University. But now I live in Georgia, and one of my cousins is a big University of Georgia fan, as was the Liverpool fan I used to date. So I started cheering for Georgia when they weren't playing Auburn. Then this year they beat Auburn, which also got beat by Alabama. And yesterday Georgia and Alabama played each other for the Southeastern Conference Championship. I cheered for Georgia but thought I should be cheering for Alabama instead, because I was happy as a student there.

Moment of nostalgia and sense of time passing when I saw the Liverpool starting lineup just now and didn't recognize a single name. :(

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi everyone I know this isn’t related to diabetes but I’ve been having horrible heartburn the last couple of days does anyone have any good remedies? Thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi everyone I know this isn’t related to diabetes but I’ve been having horrible heartburn the last couple of days does anyone have any good remedies? Thanks
Well there's Chamomile or Marshmallow tea or mix ACV with water say two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with three to five ounces of water and then there is Licorice .

Avoid peppermint or spearmint tea.

Or there are postural remedies ie sitting up or standing up straight.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a massive well done from me mate, I was in that boat last April when I was diagnosed type2, it is a life changer not a life ender, not if you adapt to it, and your "bloody mindedness" is what will get you through.

Cheers mate..have to agree entirely.

and i'm guessing ..One "Bloody Minded ".. spots another easily..:D ....