What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...caved in yesterday...fell off the bus...went under the wagon...I was presented with a slice of home made Victoria sponge with fresh raspberries & cream...I ate it...because it would have been rude not to...no...because it was delicious & looked delicious...later I took phat boy for an extra walk as a penance...this morning I woke to an unbelievable 5.1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 at 0800. Better than yesterday but still too high.
Started the Christmas decs yesterday, bought the tree but decorating that today. @ianpspurs when I read your plans to light up your hedges I thought of having to restrain my OH from buying more outside lights yesterday. Every year he wants another set. We have a lot of hedges....if only he knew!
@jjraak that was such an encouraging post for me. You have done so well and are now inspiring others. Good on you!
@karen8967 that was a good safe score this morning!
@Canvaspic hope you get the answers you need from the docs.....you too are an old trooper!
Have a great Sunday everyone. Happy Christmas decorating.
Stay well, safe and hopefully hypo free.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Shelly, mum is fine, She sailed through all her treatments and is doing very well. The last hurdle is the hormone tablet, which doesnt sit well with her. Hopefully she can get along with it as it offers valuable protection.

I don’t think i am stressed in the conventional sense of the word, but exasperated with the docs, everthing takes a lot of time. I just want to bang heads together. I have it in my mind that I would like to be well for Christmas... we shall see.

Thanks for your kind words and valuable input.
Your pleurisy related chest pain must really get you down plus the frustration with the doctors. Let’s hope you are well for Christmas and sounds like your mum is staying strong - big hugs.
This diabetes stuff is so so complex and so individual you feel you’ve got a handle on it and then something else comes into the equation like life, other health conditions, age etc. Also what works for one person may definitely not work for another. You’re doing a great job.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone how are you all today? My blood sugar is 4.4 today my insulin has been reduced to 5 units but I’m going to ring the diabetes nurse tomorrow as they want my sugars between 5-6 in the morning. Later my family and I are going to see the grinch in cinemas anyway have a good day everyone

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

thank you for your kind birthday wishes :)

It's freezing here this morning :( so I shall be lagging my entire body today I think ;) If it stays the dry version of grey today I shall go for a walk with mum's little dog later after Sunday afternoon dinner.

Hope your day treats you well :)

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

4.6 today

thank you for your kind birthday wishes :)

It's freezing here this morning :( so I shall be lagging my entire body today I think ;) If it stays the dry version of grey today I shall go for a walk with mum's little dog later after Sunday afternoon dinner.

Hope your day treats you well :)
Oops miseed it

Happy Belated Birthday:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning to you all. No testing this morning as I was woken by a heavy nose bleed that took a long time to stop despite doing all the advised actions. Very surprising as I think I've only ever had one other and that was many years ago. Can't think of a cause except I was having a dream about work and my old boss was in it! LOL Have a happy and safe Sunday folks.:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1st Christmas do last night. 3 delightful low carb courses (duck starter, chicken dinner and cheese board). Although I did sneak 2 spoons of hubby's lemon cheesecake as a result of the bubbles in the prosecco!!! Swapped him for my roasties (He didn't eat them with dessert!). The prosecco made me do it!!! I also LOST MY TESTING KIT! Another result of too many bubbles no doubt, it doesnt take many bubbles to get me tipsy on low carb! Couldn't test this morning. Quick call to the restaurant who confirmed it fell out of my bag by the exit as I was being carried to the taxi. Dont worry I am joking.....i was stretchered!!! Still joking. I was almost sober :)

Cheese omelette for breakfast. 2 hours after 6.1. That's my 1st reading of the day and not my fasting one but it's all I have to offer :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning :)

I have a confession, I didnt post yesterday because my fbg was rubbish :facepalm:

But im back with a 6.5

Sorry for being a coward lol

Have a great day! :)

We all have had days. Good result today for you so off to a great start.

Reactions: Cumberland

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.
My blood glucose was a bit higher than I'd like this morning - 5.8 but at least it was under 6.

I moved my weekly weigh in date forward since my weight loss this week was good and Saturdays will be good for it.
I lost another 3 lbs, giving my total loss so far of 66.59 lbs (30.21 kg) or 4 stone 10.59
I've now lost over 24% of my original weight. (I was 273.59 lbs, now 207.0 lbs).

That is such a great post!!! You have lost so much weight. Well done. And thanks for sharing. Very inspirational. Fab FBS too.

Reactions: Cumberland

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
5.0 bg
Looks dry out there - hope it continues as we have youngest sons dog cooper on sleepover tonight. He’s arriving this am so lots of walks on agenda - yay I love country walks and more importantly for me no Project work on pc today on the agenda. Wonder if he’ll bring his doggy advent calendar with him.
Have a good day all hope it’s a good one for all and bgs behave.
Was your hotel chocolate choccie delicious :) enjoy doggy sitting and all the joys it brings.