What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well insomnia has hit awful this weekend. Didn’t go to to bed till 5.45 this morning and had drank both tea during the night and then a mug of cocoa not long before this as one gland is my neck is the size of a small golf ball and hot drinks are the only thing that seem to relieve the pain. So BG at 7.45 am when I got back up was 4.7 - less of a FBG, more of a 2hr post cocoa BG
One of those days where I need my duvet on the sofa with trashy tv so I can wallow in self pity. Instead a day of father in law for lunch and then a kids birthday party
To attend this afternoon. Oh the joy! :banghead:
Hope you manage to cope with challenges today kids birthday party! Just the thought sends my stress and bg levels up - at least you’re starting low x

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

was going to try a couple of new biscuit recipes today but after a dodgy nights sleep and the sore throat I woke up with I think I'll postpone the experiment. Not the end of the world as I still have some chocolate and hazelnut cake left for pud today. I may try flavouring the greek yoghurt topping with coffee just to see how it goes :)

I don't have cream left until I go shopping but I'm going to make another batch of choc hazelnut next week and will try that with a slightly sweetened whipped cream/mascarpone mix flavoured with coffee and rum. I have made tiramisu before by soaking the cake with coffee and rum but I think this may work out better layered up then left overnight ;)

Hope your weekend is treating you well :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you manage to cope with challenges today kids birthday party! Just the thought sends my stress and bg levels up - at least you’re starting low x
I have been saved from the torment - my wonderful darling husband has volunteered to take the little on to the party so that I can relax alone for a couple of hours. Knew I’d married a good’un :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a little treat now and again is allowed rhubarb and it is nearly xmas :joyful:
Absolutely agree Karen...I've just finished my home made mince meat ready for the mince tarts...I fully intend to 'sample' them before they leave for my office...also making coeliac friendly triple chocolate muffins...again will need to try one...of course it's all about quality control...no...really it is:angelic:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. FBG 6.5 at half past dawn this Sunday morning. This is the first morning I have woken up not hungry for carbs. I hope it will prove to be some sort of Rubicon.

It's also the first morning this winter that I have woken up without a stopped-up nose. I bought a cool-mist humidifier and kept it on all day yesterday, and last night turned it up full blast. I'm hoping to avoid last year's horrible bronchial whatever-it-was.

@Emma_369 and @geefull, I hope y'all will be able to rest today and soon feel all better.

Geoffno6

Well insomnia has hit awful this weekend. Didn’t go to to bed till 5.45 this morning and had drank both tea during the night and then a mug of cocoa not long before this as one gland is my neck is the size of a small golf ball and hot drinks are the only thing that seem to relieve the pain. So BG at 7.45 am when I got back up was 4.7 - less of a FBG, more of a 2hr post cocoa BG
One of those days where I need my duvet on the sofa with trashy tv so I can wallow in self pity. Instead a day of father in law for lunch and then a kids birthday party
To attend this afternoon. Oh the joy! :banghead:

Poor you, a busy day after no sleep, nightmare, maybe get Mr 369 on the case while you do the duvet and TV thing?

Reactions: OrsonKartt

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Absolutely agree Karen...I've just finished my home made mince meat ready for the mince tarts...I fully intend to 'sample' them before they leave for my office...also making coeliac friendly triple chocolate muffins...again will need to try one...of course it's all about quality control...no...really it is:angelic:
Good for you bubbsie wish i lived near you just in case you needed a second opinion

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544813969051.jpg

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you know if almond flour can be used instead of the ground almonds?
Hello there! I use it regularly to bake biscuits. Works very well with me, In fact I just baked this cake - see attached. Almond flour, 3 eggs, butter, and truvia sweetener. It's absolutely delicious. I cut it into slices,spread butter and have it with my freshly ground coffee for breakfast, when I dont feel like a savory breakfast.

Attachments

• 20181216_164608.jpg
    20181216_164608.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 150

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"....and in Celebrity news, rumours are circulating that the long term relationship of No 1 selling female rapper 'hi-Carbz' may have hit the rocks.

Close sources are quoted as saying the rappers co band partner, may have had enough of the stars prima donna ways.
Apparently the lack of sensitivity to certain unspecified aspects of the relationship, have led to the break up.

Close friends of both have said while the rapper appears rocked by the break up, her partner seems to be taking it in his stride, and has been seen out about, seemingly enjoying life, without 'Hi-Carbz'..

we can only wish them well."

" in other news, the Stock in FBG Shares has fallen for the second month of trading.
At start of trading today, shares opened at 6.0...

A spokesperson for group posted on twitter #FBG..."....thanks to its new management teams vision, the merger with DC.UK, has helped us make economies, which while hurtful in the short term have clearly strengthened, FBG's performance, and is clearly showing ongoing benefits...."
Genius on every level

Reactions: DJC3 and OrsonKartt

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

was going to try a couple of new biscuit recipes today but after a dodgy nights sleep and the sore throat I woke up with I think I'll postpone the experiment. Not the end of the world as I still have some chocolate and hazelnut cake left for pud today. I may try flavouring the greek yoghurt topping with coffee just to see how it goes :)

I don't have cream left until I go shopping but I'm going to make another batch of choc hazelnut next week and will try that with a slightly sweetened whipped cream/mascarpone mix flavoured with coffee and rum. I have made tiramisu before by soaking the cake with coffee and rum but I think this may work out better layered up then left overnight ;)

Hope your weekend is treating you well :)
My tastebuds are rocking!