What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.9 today
My Cold is on retreat thankfully as another busy day ahead but also includes a treat coffee meet up with a good friend so a little bit of sunshine in my day and if we’re lucky the actual sun may come out for us all today - need rays of sunshine on a January day.
Hope everyone has a lovely day and bgs behave.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, been missing in Action for a few weeks but am back now. A uninspiring 10.2 greeted me today, but I am suffering with a sinus infection (even though I am a softy it is a particularly nasty one.) so I will take it.
Hope you all had a nice festive break and ate drank and was merry!!

Take care everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

grey and chilly this morning here, thankfully the new oil tank arrived yesterday and the heating engineer is scheduled to come on Thursday :)

Today we will go out and do some shopping and may have lunch out ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.2 today which is ok I guess as I’m feeling very anxious about my 6monthly post cancer scan tomorrow.

Had HbA1c results back yesterday - 39 ok but bit disappointed its not a little lower. MySugr gives an estimated 33.3. @ianpspurs I share your frustration with the discrepancy between finger prick and lab test.
Also had a phone call from my surgery to come in as my cholesterol is high. Looked on Patient Access and although my total is higher than they like, my HDL, trigs and all the ratios are good so I shall go but not be intimidated into anything. The particular GP I’m seeing once misdiagnosed my granddaughter’s itchy scalp as psoriasis when actually she’d caught nits!!!

Good to see you around again @johnpol
@Bubbsie your blood test sounds nightmarish
@Ziggy2017 your new bed sounds fab. Happy snoozing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.2 today which is ok I guess as I’m feeling very anxious about my 6monthly post cancer scan tomorrow.

Had HbA1c results back yesterday - 39 ok but bit disappointed its not a little lower. MySugr gives an estimated 33.3. @ianpspurs I share your frustration with the discrepancy between finger prick and lab test.
Also had a phone call from my surgery to come in as my cholesterol is high. Looked on Patient Access and although my total is higher than they like, my HDL, trigs and all the ratios are good so I shall go but not be intimidated into anything. The particular GP I’m seeing once misdiagnosed my granddaughter’s itchy scalp as psoriasis when actually she’d caught nits!!!

Thinking of you @DJC3 and comprehend the disappointment with a good score - which it is - but the discrepancy seems very difficult to deal with and seems to happen a lot with some on the forum for some odd reason.
Re cholesterol happy to have a chat about it if needed when are you seeing gp.
More importantly sending you all my best wishes, hugs and warmth for tomorrow - a biggy for you and we are all crossing fingers and toes for you x

Reactions: DJC3

Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
Nearly had a coronary when I checked this morning 18.6!! ***, usually around 8-10 so this is a big jump and I have also been prescribed an increase in my Gliclazide(about 4 weeks ago), so was hoping it would go down .

I have also been started on Atorvastatin for my Cholesterol, but have read that "It's possible your blood sugar (blood glucose) level may increase when you take a statin, which may lead to developing type 2 diabetes"
OR it could also be stress from worrying if I got zapped on the M1 at midnight coming home from Sheffield. :)

TBF to my Diabetes doctor, she did say we needed to get my cholesterol and BP under control as well as my diabetes and treat them all as one issue.

Reactions: philchap1

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Your results are better than fine DJC 39 is excellent...a good stance re: the statins I think more of us should be aware of the importance of our ratios...I have exactly the same attitude towards the cholesterol/stains issue as you...fingers crossed for your scan results the waiting is sometimes the worse part...as for my blood test it wasn't so bad...I think my record is seven attempts...so you could say I got away lightly!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 this morning so par for the course. Had a nice overnight in Kent and catch up with my friend. @DJC3 hope all goes well with your scan tomo. I wouldnt stress about your HBA1c its still within the safety net and thats all that matters.
Have a good day everyone. Stay well, safe, in control and warm.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@DJC3 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine, but understand being stressed though. Congrats on your HbA1c (non-diabetic levels yeah!) and cholesterol results (agree ratios are more important than total).
@Bubbsie -- Hugs for your stressful day yesterday.
@Ziggy2017 -- Happy that you had a good night's sleep in your beautiful new bed.

Blood sugars were 4.9 this morning.

Have a great day all.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of you @DJC3 and comprehend the disappointment with a good score - which it is - but the discrepancy seems very difficult to deal with and seems to happen a lot with some on the forum for some odd reason.
Re cholesterol happy to have a chat about it if needed when are you seeing gp.
More importantly sending you all my best wishes, hugs and warmth for tomorrow - a biggy for you and we are all crossing fingers and toes for you x

Thanks @shelley262 I’d appreciate that. Shall I PM you later today? ( hairdressers this morning) I know you have a very busy life so don’t want to take up too much of your time. GP appt is Friday am. I was going to read through the Cholesterol and Statins thread again later. I remember some good info on there.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awake at 5am thought I would do my bloods. 5.5 and I did a little jig.

Was going to run with that little number until....I just did them again when I woke up and BINGO 5.1! GET IN THERE!!!

Another busy day sorting out this that and the other. Family member going through a tough time so lots to do to help. I really get frustrated when making phone calls to companies etc. Yesterday's gem. My mission was to amalgamate his BT landline with his Italk broadband and get a package for a MUCH cheaper price than he is paying now. I got 2 different 'cheapest we can do it offers' that were identical. Of course I asked for the manager as I always do and got it resolved (cheapest price won!). Everything seems a battle. So much so I have a complaints template! And I'm not afraid to use it! It's worth it's weight in gold. One of those letters got me £3,000 a few years back and just cost a little time....And a stamp.(2nd class!).

Have a good day, I'm just off to the CAB. only open from 10am til 12 and I think I will need the whole slot!

Have a good day folks.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @shelley262 I’d appreciate that. Shall I PM you later today? ( hairdressers this morning) I know you have a very busy life so don’t want to take up too much of your time. GP appt is Friday am. I was going to read through the Cholesterol and Statins thread again later. I remember some good info on there.
Hi yes do do may be easier for me to reply after 6 as out and about a lot today maybe set up a conversation with your results break down when you get time later this pm and then I can have a look and think and get back to you later? What a medical week for you - sending even more hugs x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awake at 5am thought I would do my bloods. 5.5 and I did a little jig.

Was going to run with that little number until....I just did them again when I woke up and BINGO 5.1! GET IN THERE!!!

Another busy day sorting out this that and the other. Family member going through a tough time so lots to do to help. I really get frustrated when making phone calls to companies etc. Yesterday's gem. My mission was to amalgamate his BT landline with his Italk broadband and get a package for a MUCH cheaper price than be is paying now. I got 2 different 'cheapest we can do it offers' that were identical. Of course I asked for the manager as I always do and got it resolved (cheapest price won!). Everything seems a battle. So much so I have a complaints template! And I'm not afraid to use it! It's worth it's weight in gold. One of those letters got me £3,000 a few years back and just cost a little time....And a stamp.(2nd class!).

Have a good day, I'm just off to the CAB. only open from 10am til 12 and I think I will need the whole slot!

Have a good day folks.
Well done @Debandez and good luck sorting things out today x