What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am SO impressed by the posts i've seen today.

I feel blessed to have chosen this Forum over others, and in particular THIS Thread.
(said with the greatest respect to other ." whats your FBG score..? " ...thread)

It's in my DNA to 'default' to humour, it truly does get us over the peaks and troughs in life's little games.
and i know it can seem like i don't take things too seriously, but though it astounds the wife,
i am capable of deeper thought, too.

It truly believe, it's a solemn duty, responsibility, and behooves those who HAVE more knowledge to share, encourage, cajole and sometime berate those who need or ask for guidance.

And i see that done with love, every SINGLE day of the week on here, since i've joined.

I wouldn't normally say much, but today's efforts deserve a mention in despatches.

@Jim Lahey & @ianpspurs .. @PenguinMum .. are truly inspirational.

Them AND ALL of YOU have helped me and many others, by your words over the last few weeks/months.

But today it just feels like we ARE an army,
Sat quietly in the early dawn, checking our weapons,
( and while we all have our doubts and fears, KNOW you are NOT alone.)

As we get ready for battle today, the 'officers' of the unit are going around offering comfort + sound advice...
a friendly nod here.. and 'Your going to be ok, Soldier ' there...to all of us....
as we flinch as the shells begin landing just ahead before we start our march into enemy territory.

It really has been a privilege to be on here amongst you all.... long may it last,

and to quote Shakespeare..(See i can do edumacated, too...:wacky: )
"...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers*;
For they to-day that sheds there blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;..."

(*said in previous times of old..today that include you all, my Sisters )

is how you all make me feel.

One of my fav inspirationals is.
" Never look down on anyone, Unless
you are offering them a hand up.."

a theme i see repeated on here day after day, after day.

Great day all..xxx

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am SO impressed by the posts i've seen today.

I feel blessed to have chosen this Forum over others, and in particular THIS Thread.
(said with the greatest respect to other ." whats your FBG score..? " ...thread)

It's in my DNA to 'default' to humour, it truly does get us over the peaks and troughs in life's little games.
and i know it can seem like i don't take things too seriously, but though it astounds the wife,
i am capable of deeper thought, too.

It truly believe, it's a solemn duty, responsibility, and behooves those who HAVE more knowledge to share, encourage, cajole and sometime berate those who need or ask for guidance.

And i see that done with love, every SINGLE day of the week on here, since i've joined.

I wouldn't normally say much, but today's efforts deserve a mention in despatches.

@Jim Lahey & @ianpspurs .. @PenguinMum .. are truly inspirational.

Them AND ALL of YOU have helped me and many others, by your words over the last few weeks/months.

But today it just feels like we ARE an army,
Sat quietly in the early dawn, checking our weapons,
( and while we all have our doubts and fears, KNOW you are NOT alone.)

As we get ready for battle today, the 'officers' of the unit are going around offering comfort + sound advice...
a friendly nod here.. and 'Your going to be ok, Soldier ' there...to all of us....
as we flinch as the shells begin landing just ahead before we start our march into enemy territory.

It really has been a privilege to be on here amongst you all.... long may it last,

and to quote Shakespeare..(See i can do edumacated, too...:wacky: )
"...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers*;
For they to-day that sheds there blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;..."

(*said in previous times of old..today that include you all, my Sisters )

is how you all make me feel.

One of my fav inspirationals is.
" Never look down on anyone, Unless
you are offering them a hand up.."

a theme i see repeated on here day after day, after day.

Great day all..xxx
Are you available for pre-match team talks in NFL playoffs? Very inch by inch like but much more pre-watershed. You are a real asset to the forum. Real pity we all had to come together due to DXs of diabetes but God really does move in mysterious ways. (Other explanations for seemingly random events are available - see website for details)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me at 0700.
Couple of things about the Freestyle Libra;
I could see that I dipped below 3 at around 2am.
After my sauna yesterday I foolishly checked my reading (you can just hold your phone to the disc and the app does the rest).
Reading of 9.3 - Whaaaat!!!!!
Dashed downstairs and did a finger prick test - 5.3.
Freestyle Libra not likee saunas.
Have a great day if you can.
nice to see you back dunelm :)hope you are well

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak thamks for the salute earlier but I am far from “inspirational”. This is all out war against Diabetes for sure and we wont win every skirmish or battle. But we will regroup and soldier on as best we can. Btw see on other thread your HBA1c is next week so good luck with that I am confident it will be excellent progress.
This is by far my favourite thread too..I used to post on other threads but wasnt clever enough and often got shot down. Here we go again lol. On here I feel welcome and among friends and I love the humour yourself and @ianpspurs provide which softens the dent of a bad reading more than you will ever know. Must stop gushing now!

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@karen8967 this made me think of the memes you post

3C8A4224-6B1C-4A03-AA92-9E6500ABAFAA.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's BG poem:

7.2. No rhyme, no reason
Could be liver dump. Could be the season
Could be chocolate, could be stress
Should I be bothered, or not care less?

Great poem, @rhubarb73 ! I'm taking the second choice. :)

6.7 this morning. I just finished a week of ciprofloxacin and I hope it worked. Oh, well, I have my A1C appointment next Tuesday so hopefully doc and I will be able to talk -- it's been about 6 months since I've been able to see her.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great poem, @rhubarb73 ! I'm taking the second choice. :)

6.7 this morning. I just finished a week of ciprofloxacin and I hope it worked. Oh, well, I have my A1C appointment next Tuesday so hopefully doc and I will be able to talk -- it's been about 6 months since I've been able to see her.
Hi Saskia hope all is good when you see the doc. Do you mean its as diddicult to get an appointment in your area as it is here? Its a good job we are taking responsibility for ourselves. How is KittenCat? We are thinkng of getting new carpet downstairs and have borrowed 4 sample squares from the store. Bobs and Daisy Dulally have played, hid under and scratched them continuously...maybe we should cancel that idea!! You have to love them even if they do wreck the place.

Reactions: Goonergal

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Today's BG poem:
7.2. No rhyme, no reason
Could be liver dump. Could be the season
Could be chocolate, could be stress
Should I be bothered, or not care less?
If I test before getting out of bed it is usually 5.8 to 6.3, but once I get up and active and don't test for awhile (and no food) it quite often will be 6.8 - 7.8.
As the opening theme tune goes to the old Lone Ranger TV show ...
To the dump .. to the dump ... to the dump dump dump :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LOL @PenguinMum .

One of my favorite quotes is from a plaque I saw at a friend's house:

Dogs have masters.
Cats have staff.

So I tell myself it's her apartment and I just pay the rent. ;) ^. .^

My doctor (I only started seeing her last April) was easy to get an appointment with but starting last summer she was out for a few months having some sort of procedure done. It was really scary because of course they couldn't say what exactly was wrong and I've been very worried for her. She came back in November but by then I decided to just wait 'til the New Year to make a follow-up appointment. I just hope she's OK.

The KittenCat recommends getting enough carpet squares to cover the downstairs floor so that Bobs and Daisy Dulally will have plenty to play with for the entire year. A neighbor gave us a square of coco-fiber doormat sample and the KittenCat loves it for claw sharpening and now leaves our sofa alone (except for sleeping on the back of it :) ).

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If I test before getting out of bed it is usually 5.8 to 6.3, but once I get up and active and don't test for awhile (and no food) it quite often will be 6.8 - 7.8.
As the opening theme tune goes to the old Lone Ranger TV show ...
To the dump .. to the dump ... to the dump dump dump :)
upload_2019-1-10_17-31-51.png

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL @PenguinMum .

One of my favorite quotes is from a plaque I saw at a friend's house:

Dogs have masters.
Cats have staff.

So I tell myself it's her apartment and I just pay the rent. ;) ^. .^

My doctor (I only started seeing her last April) was easy to get an appointment with but starting last summer she was out for a few months having some sort of procedure done. It was really scary because of course they couldn't say what exactly was wrong and I've been very worried for her. She came back in November but by then I decided to just wait 'til the New Year to make a follow-up appointment. I just hope she's OK.

The KittenCat recommends getting enough carpet squares to cover the downstairs floor so that Bobs and Daisy Dulally will have plenty to play with for the entire year. A neighbor gave us a square of coco-fiber doormat sample and the KittenCat loves it for claw sharpening and now leaves our sofa alone (except for sleeping on the back of it :) ).
Sounds like your Doc will be glad to be back in practice and what a kind patient you are. Lol tell KittenCat great idea, flaw is explaining it to the store manager after he has spent time measuring up. Of course if his quote is too high might try that on.
Have a great day.

Reactions: jjraak