What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s not miserable. It’s within the commonly accepted limits of moment-to-moment toxicity, and still gives you plenty of room to improve. Trends, and having the patience & curiosity to figure out what influences them over time is the key to success. Obsessing over the individual data points is merely the key to stress :)
Thanks Jim, I'm just trying hard and not seeing the numbers drop yet...I know that's a good figure, and didn't mean to cause any offence today will be stressful as I have a whole day of doing funeral flowers and sadly they are for a family member so makes it so much harder....will be interesting to see what the day brings in bg levels. Thanks as always

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 8.7 for me at 8am. OK I give up! Off to do my bit of volunteering later after visiting mum and trying to persuade her to come to the luncheon club with us. Have a good day one and all.:)

Last edited:

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jim, I'm just trying hard and not seeing the numbers drop yet...I know that's a good figure, and didn't mean to cause any offence today will be stressful as I have a whole day of doing funeral flowers and sadly they are for a family member so makes it so much harder....will be interesting to see what the day brings in bg levels. Thanks as always

I would love to get a 6 at any time of the day (I don’t go below 8 at the moment). 6 is fine, don’t be disheartened :). Take care of yourself on this difficult day :)

Reactions: Prem51
M

Member496333

Morning all. 8.7 for me at 8am. OK I give up! Off to do my bit of volunteering soon after visiting mum and trying to persuade her to come to the luncheon club with us. Have a good day one and all.:)

If you give up your blood goes up. Stick at it.

Two years ago I was waking up at ~15mmol in despair. A year after that I was spending most nights crying with neuropathy pain, and most days wondering when I’d lose my sight. Now I wake up to ~5mmol/L, my feet feel like a could moonwalk on water, and I can see the rivets on airliners cruising at 30,000ft.

High FBG is merely an opportunity to get great satisfaction from lowering it. Place one granule of sugar on a table and ask yourself if you’re going to get beaten by it. I’m not joking! :D

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.9 this morning
1.5 on my weekly Friday ketones test all good And motoring along well. Pilates to look forward to today. Hope everyone has a good day
@DJC3 wondering If you getting back to Headspace and mindfulness has stopped your bgs rising too much with stress? I’ve really increased back up on mindfulness again this week and my scores have def lowered back again after the Christmas stress and slight elevation for me of my fbgs over that time - important thing though is to keep going when you’re stressed it’s harder to make time to manage it! All thinking of you x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.4 after sleeping in till 08.30. Am off out soon so had first cup of tea while showering. Very heavy frost here so have been running my (well car) engine for a while. @DJC3 sending lots of love and admiration and ditto what Ian said
To those disappointed with numbers this morning, after one year I am one of you, we can only keep going and the way I look at it its the enemy named Diabetes fighting back but it mustnt prevail!
Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, safe, in control and warm.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 8.7 for me at 8am. OK I give up! Off to do my bit of volunteering later after visiting mum and trying to persuade her to come to the luncheon club with us. Have a good day one and all.:)
Don’t give up, you are too important. Dig in and give yourself more information; do you check bloods prior to and after eating? Do you keep a food diary? What small changes can you make to improve your blood sugars while still remaining sane?
You are a member of a huge and very empathetic support group here. Please don’t give up.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope family funeral goes as well as these events can do look after yourself stress and grief do have an impact be kind to yourself

Reactions: ziggy_w and AngiH

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a high 14.7 today, but this pesky sinus infection is playing silly buggers. So just play catch up all day.

Take care everyone

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope family funeral goes as well as these events can do look after yourself stress and grief do have an impact be kind to yourself
Thank you Shelley. At least I'm doing what I love being surrounded by beautiful flowers

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.7 today, very pleased with that. Now going to start experimenting with taking down the glicazide dose and increasing insulin very very gradually. Lots of things going on here today, new book shelves arriving, will be nice to get the books up off the floor. Hope that everyone has a good day - it's almost the weekend :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@AngiH -- Hugs for the family funeral. This is always a tough time for us. As for the blood sugars, 6.8 in the mornings is really good this early on. For the first half year, I still had blood sugars of around 8 to 9 in the morning -- although it got better as the day went on. Keep hanging in there.
@dogslife -- Hugs and please don't give up. With chronic pain, it is hard to have perfect blood sugars, the stress and the pain will get to you. You are doing fine.
@johnpol -- Hope you feel better soon.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.7.

Have a great day all.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
§
Morning...an odd day yesterday...set of for the anti-coagulant clinic feeling confident (that'll teach me) expecting a good result...unfortunately my INR levels were twice what they should have been...in addition to the finger prick test had to have a venous sample taken...I dread those ... at the first mention of one my veins retreat & go into hiding...first go nothing...second go nothing and I bled all over the floor...third go nothing...success on the fourth attempt...I can't complain too much it has been worse...woke to a not surprising 6.3

Have they tried taking it out of the back of your hand? I have similar problems with blood tests, so the lady at my GP surgery just takes it from my hand instead of plunging around with the needle until I nearly faint and end up with my head between my knees! Huge sympathy!