What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting. Chasing my grandaughter around! 5.5 today. Happy with that.

Some good news. I'm meeting up with practice manager of my 2 surgeries im at. With the council as well. I'm going to do a presentation on my journey in the community! Going to discuss what I would like to include. And expect them to tell me I'm over stepping the mark!!! We will see. I'm thrilled to bits. Little support out there for diabetics. Anyway @xfieldok Will be working with me on this project and I can't thank her enough as I'm way out of my comfort zone !!

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Many thanks to ziggy-, dunelm and Jim Lahey for your support and encouragement. Not usually one to give up and have successfully worked hard for a long time to keep my levels in reasonable range but too many factors beyond my control at the moment. ( stress, pain and limited ability to exercise any more, previously successful diet no longer as effective and too exhausted atm to try anything more challenging). I will bounce back as I'm determined not to have my medication increased but just need a little time to recuperate. Your kind words make sense and are much appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aahhh... @dogslife ...i got so wrapped up in posting, I forget it was one of your posts that got me thinking that way.....sincere apolgies, and hope things start moving in the right direction real soon.

And what a great example of the ethos on here, no one gets left behind and many rally to support us, at time of need.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_1547151085.429098.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, @HarrisonK and @PenguinMum . PM, I'm sorry you're in pain. HK, I hope you're well.

@PenguinMum, I agree with you about @Cumberland 's penguin-like desk lamp. I also like the logbook, which looks similar to mine.

I am going to go to bed as soon as the KittenCat wakes up and gets off my lap.

ETA: @HarrisonK looks like you and I posted at the same time. I hope your day will improve as the sun comes up. Yours too, @PenguinMum