What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
5.3@5am. Didnt measured for a few weeks, but have been keeping tightly to same familiar diet pattern and sleep/exercise routine. Not only the blood glucose is good, but the atria fibrillation seems to improve also.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="SaskiaKC, post: 1962144, member: 487111"
My next step is to start replacing tops that are now too big, but for those I will wait until I can go into the store and try things on, since sizes don't run consistently across brands. There is one wonderful online vendor whose clothes are true-size but whose pants (trousers?) run long. Even when they give the inseam, it's too long on me. But it is nice to buy their L instead of other vendors' XL. :)
It definitely gets expensive. I had just ordered those new jeans when my printer ran out of ink and right now I need to make several copies for the renewal of my lease. I tried to cancel the jeans order but was thankful it was too late and didn't go through because I need the jeans too. So I bit the bullet and ordered the ink cartridge on credit. But I must make a payment on that the first of February, so the new tops will have to wait. At least too-big tops don't fall off![/QUOTE]

As I'm not high income, I use thrift stores for shopping. It is harder to find plus sizes in them, I do find as I've gotten smaller, there is considerably more choice and I enjoy shopping more. Both the top and the bottom in my avatar are from the thrift store.

I do buy clothes at Walmart sometimes, especially socks and underwear. George clothes are fine, I do buy them at Walmart. However I don't buy them at thrift shops (I tend to buy the originally more expensive clothes at thrift stores.)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all on a damp Monday morning, my nasty sinus infection has now decided to leave me be for the foreseeable ! (thank goodness, it has to of been the worst thing ever, the pain was off the scale, Tramadol prescribed which in itself was unpleasant, but enough whinging) now back to reality, a 6.7 greeted me today! now that was a surprise!! Any way Take care everyone.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another lay in... even though it's a cold grey Monday my coffee plus the peace & quiet is making me smile...did the minimum amount of work the weekend...slummed about & watched TV...saw The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society...a charming film... really enjoyed...woke to a 5.6

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning...another lay in... even though it's a cold grey Monday my coffee plus the peace & quiet is making me smile...did the minimum amount of work the weekend...slummed about & watched TV...saw The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society...a charming film... really enjoyed...woke to a 5.6
Yes it's a good film I enjoyed watching also.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="SaskiaKC, post: 1962144, member: 487111"
My next step is to start replacing tops that are now too big, but for those I will wait until I can go into the store and try things on, since sizes don't run consistently across brands. There is one wonderful online vendor whose clothes are true-size but whose pants (trousers?) run long. Even when they give the inseam, it's too long on me. But it is nice to buy their L instead of other vendors' XL. :)
It definitely gets expensive. I had just ordered those new jeans when my printer ran out of ink and right now I need to make several copies for the renewal of my lease. I tried to cancel the jeans order but was thankful it was too late and didn't go through because I need the jeans too. So I bit the bullet and ordered the ink cartridge on credit. But I must make a payment on that the first of February, so the new tops will have to wait. At least too-big tops don't fall off!

As I'm not high income, I use thrift stores for shopping. It is harder to find plus sizes in them, I do find as I've gotten smaller, there is considerably more choice and I enjoy shopping more. Both the top and the bottom in my avatar are from the thrift store.

I do buy clothes at Walmart sometimes, especially socks and underwear. George clothes are fine, I do buy them at Walmart. However I don't buy them at thrift shops (I tend to buy the originally more expensive clothes at thrift stores.)[/QUOTE]

Funnily enough I was having a chat witha friend yesterday about this - how much easier it is to buy clothes in charity shops when you are a smaller size. It’s much harder when you are bigger. I have a penchant for buying jumpers and only let myself buy them from charity shops now as I was buying too many and it was costing too much.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

frosty morning today but at least the wind has died down :) we may have to go to mum's today to trim a bit of tree which has cracked and is now leaning on the fence (which cost us quite a bit to get repaired during the summer), depends on how dry it is later.

Didn't get a walk yesterday the rain was torrential and it was very windy so hopefully I will do better today :)

Hope your Monday treats you gently :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.5 this morning so need to focus now whether am eating too much or wrong things. Since Christmas my FBGs have been bad. Need to walk more.
@Chronicle_Cat I think tops that are looser can be quite flattering anyway. Like you I had to replace jeans when I dropped two sizes but I havent stopped wearing any of my jumpers / tops.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, safe and (defo to self) in control.