1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will brave the weather yesterday.
    A low for me 5.2 this morning.
    Today is the day to mix up the laws of Engrish grammar, so strike when you had the chance. hehehehe

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Lol thanks Bubbsie...that would have been fun!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Providence 62

Providence 62 LADA · Well-Known Member

6.4 this morning, thrilled to bits with that. It's the sofa gym, I know it! Putting the books into the shelves very kindly assembled for me by Mr P. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend, weather is brightening up a bit, so I think I will head out for a little walk in a while.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.5 for me this morning.

@Goacher55 your homemade veg curry sounds lovely, they are the best. Rice or rice flour is a thing of the past for me, as even tiny amounts spike me terribly. I either leave it out or have konjac rice or cauliflower rice when everyone else has basmati (south Indian son-in-law) . Have you tested dals? I find I can't have them either (some people can , but unfortunately I'm not one of them). All the beans spike me with the exception of black soybeans (must try mung beans, I hear they are lower in carbs.) Strangely although chana/chickpeas spike me, besan/chickpea flour in small amounts doesn't cause spikes for me.

My weight loss was better this week - 3 lbs or 1.3 kg
    That gives me a total loss so far of 79.39 lbs (35.7 lb or 5 stone 9), I've now lost over 29% of my starting weight.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Brilliant well done chronicle cat

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. rhubarb73

rhubarb73 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic- well done.
    Question: if you fill a suitcase with things so it weighs what you have lost, can you lift the case off the ground?

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brilliant!

Here's one I did after my last night out. I just need more practice (not the alcohol, the poetry, but i think you will agree that there is potential!)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think so but just barely. It's about the upper end of what I can lift with my upper body. :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Happy Birthday, @Goonergal !

6.3 at 11:15 this morning. Latest I've slept in a long time and it felt wonderful to take my time waking up and getting up. It's dry outside again but cold, 3 degrees with 9 the forecast high, so I may stay in and exercise by doing housework.

I hope everyone's teams are winning!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. rhubarb73

Not so long ago you lifted that weight every time you stood up! You bones will thank you
    Really well done - inspirational

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. PenguinMum

@Rhubarb I apologise in advance but its been in my head all day.

There once was a goldfish Rhubarb
    Who couldnt get on with a carb
    He decided to eat
    Lots of dairy and meat
    And soon found he needed new garb.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  12. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Congratulations, @rhubarb73 !

I had to wash my brand new jeans last night since the mailbag had some sort of glittery dust all over its lining. The jeans shrank a bit but I can still zip them up with room to spare, so I'll be keeping them. I wish they had shrunk a little lengthwise because they're still a little bit long but they'll be fine with shoes.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Once more into the valley ...
    (of Hawaii..:D )

5.4....so a happy JJ this morning.

hey, @AngiH ..fancy seeing you here...ain't the view great..:happy:

And happy birthday, @Goonergal ..dinner sounded delicious

and sometimes we just got to live for some other reason then counting carbs.
    so honorary absolution for your food sins... @DJC3 .. @PenguinMum .

and @Emma_369 ...LoL..
    [QUOTE="Emma_369, post: 1He popped to the pub for a couple at 3pm and was bringing my food back with him when he came home. Which he did. At 9.45 [/QUOTE]

oh, dear LoL...i shouldn't, but i rather like the sound of your better half...:D
    ( and of course with such an understanding missus, he's obviously got himself a 'keeper'...;) )

Nice ditty's, @rhubarb73 @PenguinMum ..and liking yours as well @Debandez .:hilarious::hilarious:

Ps liking the psychology of that question @rhubarb73 .

A bit late, but wishing you all a decent day and a great night.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Diawara

Diawara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@rhubarb73 ..my t shirts from january 2017 were XXXL now L and i have had a M ..all george @ asda....and today bought a pair of 36 inch waist jeans from primark .. they fit! havent had that size since 1997!! 44inch were the norm...smug!...

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  15. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Does George have true-fit clothes? I saw a pair of George jeans at Walmart for half the price I paid for my Lee Riders but I've never tried that brand before. They also had some nice-looking flannel shirts. But when you can't get to the store to try things on, it's hard to try new brands.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. rhubarb73

Well done- gets expensive doesn’t it. The hard thing is working out what size you will settle at.
    Easier for men I think

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

IME clothes-buying is often easier for men. Collar and sleeve; waist and inseam; walk into the store, pick those measurements up from the shelf, pay, walk out. Women, not so much.

My next step is to start replacing tops that are now too big, but for those I will wait until I can go into the store and try things on, since sizes don't run consistently across brands. There is one wonderful online vendor whose clothes are true-size but whose pants (trousers?) run long. Even when they give the inseam, it's too long on me. But it is nice to buy their L instead of other vendors' XL. :)

It definitely gets expensive. I had just ordered those new jeans when my printer ran out of ink and right now I need to make several copies for the renewal of my lease. I tried to cancel the jeans order but was thankful it was too late and didn't go through because I need the jeans too. So I bit the bullet and ordered the ink cartridge on credit. But I must make a payment on that the first of February, so the new tops will have to wait. At least too-big tops don't fall off!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes @SaskiaKC @geefull @Freema @DJC3 @shelley262 @philchap1 @dunelm @ianpspurs @Emma_369 @PenguinMum @trick60 @jjraak @karen8967 and @rhubarb73 Hope I haven’t missed anyone. After last night’s meal, had a fantastic birthday spent with good friends, chatting, drinking tea and walking the canals in Birmingham. Perfect.

@rhubarb73 the men’s first team may have disgraced themselves, but my team - the Arsenal women’s walking football team - thrashed their West Ham counterparts before the ‘main’ event.

@Chronicle_Cat @Diawara @rhubarb73 and @SaskiaKC great stuff on the weight loss and clothes size reduction. I am 7 sizes down from where I started. Expensive, but in a good way!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  19. rhubarb73

Thank you although you tagged someone else who is probably mightily confused now (you forgot the 73)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. PenguinMum

Oops ...sorry everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook