What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hurts like hell doesn't it will try to test next time normally I just have to get out of bed as it is worse when lying down and hobble round the house till the pain subsides .

I get them too if I don't take magnesium. (I had them long before I started low carb.) I've read that many Type 2s are deficient in magnesium, I don't know if that applies to Type 1 as well.

I take magnesium bisglycinate as it is absorbed better than other forms of magnesium. As well, doesn't make you run to the bathroom like other forms of magnesium (with 1/2 of a colon, I don't any any additional assistance in that area!).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i'd be tempted to ask how many bottles of rum & coke they normally supply the Alcohol abuse clinic with after their meeting is over or how many peanut butter sandwiches for the Nut allergy patients
and of course not forgetting the free silk cut for the Stop smoking groups..

i means it's not like any of those groups could possibly feel insulted, annoyed or tempted.
what smoker trying to quit, doesn't need the extra help a room full of 2nd hand smoke provides..?

are we really led and managed by people of such low intelligence..?

utter, utter morons..how do you keep your temper...???

(Yes i know YOU are a lady, and there is more then one way to skin a cat....but really..:banghead:...)

rant over...as you were, nothing to see here..move along, there's good people.

Of the 10 there were 3 diabetics. Myself and 2 other PPG members. They had afternoon tea. I tried to pick the brains of DJ (diabetic john) next to me. How long he had been t2d (years), whether he was on meds or not (just been doubled to 2 in the morning 2 in the evening), does he eat bread, rice, pasta or potatoes, (yes to all, he lives alone and goes through a sliced loaf in a week!). The salad was easy to digest, that info wasn't!!!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of the 10 there were 3 diabetics. Myself and 2 other PPG members. They had afternoon tea. I tried to pick the brains of DJ (diabetic john) next to me. How long he had been t2d (years), whether he was on meds or not (just been doubled to 2 in the morning 2 in the evening), does he eat bread, rice, pasta or potatoes, (yes to all, he lives alone and goes through a sliced loaf in a week!). The salad was easy to digest, that info wasn't!!!

That's no sad emoji otherwise I'd pick that one. Does he know how carbs affect blood glucose?

We have bread in the house (my husband isn't diabetic, although he eats my low carb meals, he will eat some carbs. His bread in the house doesn't tempt me.) My husband does not eat an entire loaf of bread in a week.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
loving that one @Bubbsie ...
( cats, huh.:rolleyes:, always wanna sit, where there not supposed to sit..LoL:hilarious:..)

harry-churchill-latest-jpg.30702

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long he had been t2d (years), whether he was on meds or not (just been doubled to 2 in the morning 2 in the evening), does he eat bread, rice, pasta or potatoes,
(yes to all, he lives alone and goes through a sliced loaf in a week!).

The salad was easy to digest, that info wasn't!!!

I'm with @Chronicle_Cat on this one @Debandez ..

with you taking the lead and posting back the reports of each one of your meetings,
we're gonna NEED a SAD emoji......along with a SHOCKED, & INCREDULOUS one as well..LoL.

And im not sure the current '***,' one IS really up to the job,
if that's the standards (and we know..that THAT, right there, is the tip of the 'i'll be ok' iceberg) you'll be hoping to traverse.

At my desmonds i gave everyone the address of this forum, i gave everyone my username to get in touch, i made them snap it so there would be no confusion or so they could decide later and would still of had the details...and so far it's been Zip.

I'd love to have had them all back for another round of chat to see how we are coping.
( i'd lay good money that 3 months in i was the one doing the best out of all of us.)
hate to think where so many might be in a year or twos time....how we needed someone like you..

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
UPDATE
My salad did get lots of attention. As did my 3 cups of coffee with double cream! I was sitting opposite one of the three Drs attending (other 2 down the bottom end). The practice manager talked on and off about my future role within the surgery. Everyone seemed to think it was positive. The Dr opposite asked me which diet I had followed 'has it a name?'. 'low carb' I said leaving it at that! 'More fats then' he replied. 'Yes more healthy fats' i added. He didn't seem phased. Just waiting for a follow up email saying all future presentations I'm going to be doing have been cancelled!!!

I have attached pics of the food. Although the afternoon tea looked lovely I didn't feel I missed out. I thoroughly enjoyed my ham salad with lashings of mayo!

The ham and tomatoes look delicious. What's in the yellow "Anchor" packets? Is that butter?

Reactions: Cumberland

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Always enjoy reading all of the chatter on here, even if work/sleep get in the way of joining in too often. Up slightly later today as all day offsite meetings mean a later start to the working day. FBG of 4.7. Have a good day all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 02:30 off to the bathroom...just settling back into when the cats claws came out (he wanted my attention)...caught me right on the sole of my foot...the little ******...not looking at him this morning...despite that rude awakening woke to a 5.6