What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning all hope you have had a nice weekend, we had an eventful weekend with the fossie dog deciding that a couple of stitches in his eye had to part company!! makes for an interesting weekend to say the least. Anyway enough of tales from the Pollards, a nice 5.3 greeted me today which was nice, take care in this cold weather every body.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 today. Busy one lots of things to sort out. Youngest son back briefly from Uni here for dinner tonight but sadly his Dad is away. So some quality mum to son time. Steaks on the menu, his favourite.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, safe and warm.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, did you know today is national avoid the media day? No I didn't either, but I will guess it's about hype and Brexit.

A comfortable 6.6 on the meter this morning.

I don't know about you folks, but me's have a busy active morning planned. We shall be replacing a ramp up to one of my hide from Mrs J sheds.
Stay warm if you can, if you can't nip over to Parliament and warm up in all the hot air.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the best thing for my fiftreen years plus of knee pain ...25 kgs loss since sept 2017,,,.....@jjraak,,,

fantastic achievement....you must be well pleased.

as for the treatment, i hope (but i won't hold my breath, had at least one incident every 2 years or so it seems )
that i don't get another recurrence of it now my weights dropping..13st 12 this morning..yehaawww..

oh, and the missus (bless her) know i'm a "buy just before we fly", kinda guy
so went out yesterday and bought me some nice shorts and stuff for our hols...( i had snuck into a shameful 40".waist :woot::bigtears: )
and she knew i'd lost weight so she got me a size 38....

and i not only are they TOO big,

but i probably need to skip the next size down and go to a 34".....

<dances across room, fist pumping action stylee. >

so quite happy about that,

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all,

I've just had a break in Maderia, thanks to my local Maderian cafe who lent me their house and easy jet flights which were less traumatic than I remembered. Anyhow got back yesterday and didn't log in but woke to a 6 and today for reasons I dont understand have a 6.4. , maybe the supper was a little late, I'll have to have a word with the staff. Anyhow really cold round here but at least the roads are fairly horizontal here , unlike the 30 + degrees of slope in Madeira . Stay warm all...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

I've just had a break in Maderia, thanks to my local Maderian cafe who lent me their house and easy jet flights which were less traumatic than I remembered. Anyhow got back yesterday and didn't log in but woke to a 6 and today for reasons I dont understand have a 6.4. , maybe the supper was a little late, I'll have to have a word with the staff. Anyhow really cold round here but at least the roads are fairly horizontal here , unlike the 30 + degrees of slope in Madeira . Stay warm all...

welcome bask @OrsonKartt
what a lovely break, never been..and the easy jets..if you do due diligence and
swot up on their own 'unique :hilarious: ' form of customer service, we found them ok...

Last edited:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fantastic achievement....you must be well pleased.

as for the treatment, i hope (but i won't hold my breath, had at least one incident every 2 years or so it seems )
that i don't get another recurrence of it now my weights dropping..13st 12 this morning..yehaawww..

oh, and the missus (bless her) know i'm a "buy just before we fly", kinda guy
so went out yesterday and bought me some nice shorts and stuff for our hols...( i had snuck into a shameful 40".waist :woot::bigtears: )
and she knew i'd lost weight so she got me a size 38....

and i not only are they TOO big,

but i probably need to skip the next size down and go to a 34".....

<dances across room, fist pumping action stylee. >

so quite happy about that,
Wow well done. I hope I can follow suit for my hols in July