What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Happy with 5.5 after a day of puzzling higher numbers yesterday. Did 15 mins exercising with weights before bed, that always seems to help.
@dunelm have a great celebration with your OH and family. More than one set of twins in your group then? How lovely.
Yes, the seem to crop up every now and then a bit like double yolkers.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
4.2 this morning.

It's a positively balmy 2 celcius (36f) outside. You know it's a slow weather day when the big news on the weather channel is a large chunk of ice falling 40 stories off a condo and damaging a Canada Post truck. Most of the groundhogs (aka woodchucks) didn't see their shadows yesterday and are predicting an early spring (the sole dissenter is one in Nova Scotia, I'd never heard of...there are 3 rival ones in Canada compared to the 1 one American one.)

The weight loss was smaller this week but that's ok..
I lost 1.6 lbs (.7 kg),
I also lost another 1" off my waist, total of 12" lost so far.

Starting weight: 273.59 lbs (123.1 kg)
Current Weight: 187.6 lbs (85.09 kg)

Total loss so far: 85.99 lbs (39 kg) or 6 stone 1.99,
Hoping to get to 100 lbs, next bigger goal.
I'm age 62 & 5'4"

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all,
4.2 this morning.

It's a positively balmy 2 celcius (36f) outside. You know it's a slow weather day when the big news on the weather channel is a large chunk of ice falling 40 stories off a condo and damaging a Canada Post truck. Most of the groundhogs (aka woodchucks) didn't see their shadows yesterday and are predicting an early spring (the sole dissenter is one in Nova Scotia, I'd never heard of...there are 3 rival ones in Canada compared to the 1 one American one.)

I lost 1.6 lbs (.7 kg),

I'm age 62 & 5'4"
Well done

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,
4.2 this morning.

I lost 1.6 lbs (.7 kg),

I'm age 62 & 5'4"

Are y'all getting any updates in your neck of the woods on the missing BC ranch manager?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1549122528635.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad the party is going well, @dunelm.

On the numbers front:

6.8 FBG this morning after sleeping in.

I was kinda hoping the predicted rain would last all day so I could stay in and not feel restless or guilty but now I see slits of blue sky among the clouds. 12 degrees here, yesterday got nearly 10 degrees warmer than forecast, and I had a really nice walk and then a peaceful sit in the garden. Today I just want to sit indoors and watch Kitten Bowl VI and the First Annual Cat Bowl.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Never mind goodnight, Superbowl to watch - one thing I was always looking forward to when I retired. Now I know Harry Kane is a big Pats fan that changes everything although I always admired Gronk so maybe always a closet Pats fan.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But Harry Kane gets out there and plays on real grass in the rain. These "guys" are playing in what in effect is a huge basketball gym, on plastic turf that looks as pristine in the 2nd quarter as it did in the first. So do their uniforms. They look like little kindergarteners.

This is not football. :( Sorry, but it just isn't.

And real rams and patriots get muddy.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But Harry Kane gets out there and plays on real grass in the rain. These "guys" are playing in what in effect is a huge basketball gym, on plastic turf that looks as pristine in the 2nd quarter as it did in the first. So do their uniforms. They look like little kindergarteners.

This is not football. :( Sorry, but it just isn't.

And real rams and patriots get muddy.
Those hits are definitely real though and the sheer size of those NFL guys is impressive/frightening.