What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Wow what a Sun - day ... a bit of a lie in , fire lit and bullet proof coffee in my system must be time for a walk.... and another coffee at a fine Portuguese coffee shop that does just the strongest expresso's.... 6 on the sugar front earlier...I'm still a bit stiff in the back department must book into some yoga classes, when I used to do it regularly the only time I felt pain was in the classes, in a controlled mellow way which is a lot better than now...Hey ho live and learn eh? Have a good day all

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Happy with 5.5 after a day of puzzling higher numbers yesterday. Did 15 mins exercising with weights before bed, that always seems to help.
@dunelm have a great celebration with your OH and family. More than one set of twins in your group then? How lovely.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.6 today

up and down we go on the weather seesaw ;) frozen yesterday, thawed this morning.
Sunday again already, it seems to have come round quickly this week.

Planning comfort food for lunch today, cottage pie, one of mum's favourites, (Doctored with root veg mash, lashings of cheese on top and broccolli on the side). Followed by blueberry sponge with fruit sauce and custard for mr. gee and his mum and a spiced berry sponge with fruit sauce and greek yoghurt for me :) Fruit sauce is blueberries and cranberries microwaved with a squeeze of added lemon juice then chopped and sweetened with a bit of stevia.
All followed by a walk with mum's little dog assuming the thick ice near mum's has melted :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)
Sounds idyllic geeful

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
So I have a confession. I went out for some drinks last night with some friends (stuck to vodka and Diet Coke which I have never had a problem with, in fact it often lowers my blood sugars) and there were some sharing platters of food. I was conscious of the effect vodka usually has on my levels dropping so I ate a few chips and a piece of breaded chicken strip. As a safety precaution I checked my levels every few hours over the night and had anything from 16-26:wideyed:. I’m unsure why they went so so high - my mum, when I told her, was extremely worried. I don’t think a few chips and the chicken warrants such high levels - I know that would have caused a rise but I didn’t think by that much, especially when taking the vodka into account!

Woke up this morning at 17.4:(.

Yet again another walk is in order this morning......

Have a lovely day everyone.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like your style! What are those crumbs though?
That's my toast plate PM...I always have bread either high protein or Burgen bread … trying a new one from Aldi ATM their wholemeal at 14gms carbs for a full size slice...I need bread in my diet:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since I am On Tour and not testing I thought I would share some readings from my spreadsheet - ignore by all means.
-VhFDkZe8V6KSB1C3k-vITNIWe4l65MlLiO-dsm86gluvzeMGK2fhj97XkS0DcempbPFAyhekoUlD7XM7urN7SfG5iP1POlduJs10jfXbghm9YgzpN8aOidcVAKtE3v3ooRmB_CG
Feb 2016

hHjfVfhNkGeOEkeVwEi3eozGxZAEN2VnnnxxfxagfFddxNuDquereXyMsVIx-NDYlCs2VB6CU6xE0Pi9ZYhkzRUnsSvP0_EZs7fvIO2bTFFeHOp-hOkiQe0tDFXyu6kalNs0IIaW
Oct Nov last year.
Both more or less bang on 3.5 yr averages. Feb run ended with A1C of 36 last year 37. Home readings/predictions may not work for some of us if it helps. (Colours show my conditional formatting/targets)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow what a Sun - day ... a bit of a lie in , fire lit and bullet proof coffee in my system must be time for a walk.... and another coffee at a fine Portuguese coffee shop that does just the strongest expresso's.... 6 on the sugar front earlier...I'm still a bit stiff in the back department must book into some yoga classes, when I used to do it regularly the only time I felt pain was in the classes, in a controlled mellow way which is a lot better than now...Hey ho live and learn eh? Have a good day all
Orson you've 'perked' up...forgive the pun (intended)...I expect you'll be running after the expresso...envious I'd love another coffee but off to work in the next couple of hours...with the vagaries of the A1(M) and the weather I daren't

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I have a confession. I went out for some drinks last night with some friends (stuck to vodka and Diet Coke which I have never had a problem with, in fact it often lowers my blood sugars) and there were some sharing platters of food. I was conscious of the effect vodka usually has on my levels dropping so I ate a few chips and a piece of breaded chicken strip. As a safety precaution I checked my levels every few hours over the night and had anything from 16-26:wideyed:. I’m unsure why they went so so high - my mum, when I told her, was extremely worried. I don’t think a few chips and the chicken warrants such high levels - I know that would have caused a rise but I didn’t think by that much, especially when taking the vodka into account!

Woke up this morning at 17.4:(.

Yet again another walk is in order this morning......

Have a lovely day everyone.
Was the coke out of a can or on tap ? I won't have diet coke on tap as it's easy to make mistakes and you end up with real coke.

Reactions: karen8967

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Was the coke out of a can or on tap ? I won't have diet coke on tap as it's easy to make mistakes and you end up with real coke.
It was on tap, but I made sure it was Diet as I watched them do it at the bar :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 which is a great starting point for my Lidl seeded roll smothered in butter and bacon. That will set me up for my day at work. Today my office is outdoors so warm bacon butty a winner.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Orson you've 'perked' up...forgive the pun (intended)...I expect you'll be running after the expresso...envious I'd love another coffee but off to work in the next couple of hours...with the vagaries of the A1(M) and the weather I daren't
IMHO One of the most dangerous things on the roads is the lack of public loos

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade this morning although I was upand about very early on breakfast preparation and guest duties and forgot to take first thing.
Just had coffee and seen welsh guests off so sat down to take my bgs
11.11am 4.8
Wonderful day despite cold it looks so sunny planning to make time toget out there
@dunelm hope your OH has a wonderful birthday enjoy

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Slowly getting a bit warmer, most of the snow is melting away. Off to enjoy my second cup of espresso with cream today.

Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@HarrisonK -- Glad that you're feeling a tiny bit better today. Having higher blood sugars due to steroids must be frustrating -- but probably not much you can do about it other than waiting till you're done with your course of treatment.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone.

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Late on parade today, sorry about that. 7.1 this morning at 7.15 am. Still smarting after Ireland getting trounced in the rugby - we all consoled ourselves with the traditional sausage and onion roll (apart from me who had sausages and onions, an almond flour roll and mustard).

Beautiful morning here in sunny South London - off out in a while to get some chicken - I never remember to get it out of the freezer in time!

Have a great day everyone.

P