What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those hits are definitely real though and the sheer size of those NFL guys is impressive/frightening.

Yes, you are right about that. And they play a lot faster and more continuously than the college teams seem to. It's just that it's indoors. And the playing surface looks so fake. And they're staying so clean. There's no get down and get dirty.

And with all the current TV commercials for laundry detergent and stain removers and washing machines, I can't imagine any of their wives or mothers making a big deal out of washing those uniforms. lol

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Am early bird because I gave a rotten cold and no rest possible today the carpets are being fitted. I think me and the cats will have to camp out in the spare bedroom where I have been banished to. 5.8 at this ungodly hour. How you all get up and going at this time I dont know.
Have a good day everyone. Stsy well and safe.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1549122794533.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...spent most of the day/evening at West End Central yesterday...left about 10:30pm last night... driving home I was tired.grumpy & irritable..I noticed the groups of homeless people settling down for the night in the doorways of the Regent Street shops with their cardboard & sleeping bags...a minute later through Regents Park lined with vast plush mansions...what a contrast...got home to my tatty little cottage at midnight tired but so grateful to have a roof over my head...woke to a 6.0

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after late night exercise session. It definitely seems to help fbgs for me ( at the moment at any rate, sure that’ll change)
@PenguinMum hope you feel better soon, I love the smell of new carpets.
Shame about your sleep quality @Goonergal - maybe the caffeine in the chocolate? I know its not a lot but you could be particularly sensitive to it. There’s also something called theobromine in chocolate which can have similar effects to caffeine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4335269/
Hope it’s just a blip though.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, wet and windy on the East coast today. I am sipping coffee , feeling warm and comforted by a 5.6 reading....my morning walk will be waterproofed up to the hilt. Have a good day all, if you possibly can

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

seems to be a 'wet and windy' theme to this Monday morning ;)

@ianpspurs - sentient being? moi? :hilarious: my sponge is mainly based on ground flax seed and coconut flour, together with other ingredients depending on the variety I'm making, sounds a bit weird when you read the ingredients and method but it works, keeps well in a box in the fridge and mr. gee and his mum have both been known to enjoy it too ;) I usually make small cake bars, next version I'm going to try is a carrot cake version.

Hope your Monday treats you well :)

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.7 this morning. Not too bad. Filthy weather here, wind and rain. Exacerbated by a leaking roof on the old coal hole. Need to get someone out to look at that. Waiting for 9am to call.

Otherwise, not too bad. Finally recovering from the rugby :(

P

Last edited:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Monday already...
7.1 for me this morning, with mornings now in the low to mid 5's I'm not sure where this has come from. But never mind, a fast til 2pm should do the trick. I also have yet another thumper of a headache so could be that.