What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning again, and first A1c in over 2 years was 5.4, so not too bad considering I follow no diet of any kind (except being in the Philippines it's too hot to have an appetite - and everything contains sugar!)
Excellent result, congratulations.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. In my green zone this morning. According the the electronic wheel of wonderment and astonishment, I have a mere 5.5 pins per hogshead floating about at 0540.
It’s UN international day of happiness today as well as the Spring Equinox so have a real blast.
Have a great day if you can, investigate old units of measure if you can’t.

Last edited:

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. In my green zone this morning. According the the electronic wheel of wonderment and astonishment, I have a mere 5.5 pins per hogshead floating about at 0540.
It’s UN international day of happiness today as well as the Spring Equinox so have a real blast.
Have a great day if you can, investigate old units of measure if you can’t.

Where can I buy this wheel of interest? Does it contain beer?

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3, @SaskiaKC , @Freema thank you for your posts. You are right - there are so many variables affecting the morning BS. I hadn't realised that so many things affected it. It makes sense though that it could be a bit of the dawn phenomenon making it rise or maybe too much protein sometimes.

5.2 this morning - which I am really pleased with.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3, @SaskiaKC , @Freema thank you for your posts. You are right - there are so many variables affecting the morning BS. I hadn't realised that so many things affected it. It makes sense though that it could be a bit of the dawn phenomenon making it rise or maybe too much protein sometimes.

5.2 this morning - which I am really pleased with.

Great stuff Krystyna

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 3.9 for me and I actually get a night out with my better half tonight. First night out together this year. And how cultured of us as it’s a theatre trip to see Girl on the Train. Makes for a better Wednesday than normal. Have a good day all

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's a grumpy old git to do if everybody is going to be walking about grinning like the Cheshire cat I'm really going to get annoyed. :grumpy:

Grumpy-Cat-920x584.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 may or may not have anything to do with my true bg level but it humours my meter to think I trust it so I'll play along with the joke. @RichardHawkings great A1c - methinks your sense of humour belies the true work going on. So Spring is here (ish) approx 6 months of light, veg and fruit I can pick from the garden and gradually jettison the 32 tog clothing I now need. @JohnEGreen think you stole @alf_Josiah's thunder.

Last edited: