What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, in an erly morning statement , my meter confirmed it had agreed to grant me an extension to my fbg of 4.6. There is little prospect of yesterday's so called Strasbourg evening meal becoming a majority event (not enough fibre to pass) so I will be seeking indicative eating plans. Sir Graham Bathroom Scales, leader of the (19) 22 bmi committee, has seen me and advised me that at 73.5 kgs and bmi of 22.4 I need to get my act together pronto (Daily Telegraph, paywall)
Where is the “funny, like, star, interesting” button?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez -- You are fighting so hard to help others and it must sometimes be frustrating that many people prefer to keep on eating carbs and taking meds to deal with the carbs. This doesn't necessarily mean, though, that you are not making a difference. I feel that, no matter how uninspiring the reaction, every time we talk about our experience we plant a seed that has the potential to grow into changing someone's life, health and well-being. You are really doing a fabulous job.

Btw, congrats on your fabulous HbA1c result. Well deserved.

@ziggy_w I'm just doing my little bit for the cause. I educated myself mainly on this site with forum members help. Meds are the mop and bucket mopping up the leak (sugar/carbs) and I want to spread the word on how you can turn off that leak. I can only hope it makes a difference. I can see it is making a difference on my own social media sites. I love that. Most are non diabetic. I'm getting pics posted to me if my friends' weight loss journeys that are blowing my mind. I'm going to carry on. The biggy is my surgery have asked for me to give an in house talk! Not sure exactly who to but fingers crossed drs will be listening! As soon as I have drs on board fully I hit the big time as ITV AND BBC (local) want to film!!! Then who knows where that will take us. Chip chip chip. Celebratory Lidl roll this morning ;-)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, in an erly morning statement , my meter confirmed it had agreed to grant me an extension to my fbg of 4.6. There is little prospect of yesterday's so called Strasbourg evening meal becoming a majority event (not enough fibre to pass) so I will be seeking indicative eating plans. Sir Graham Bathroom Scales, leader of the (19) 22 bmi committee, has seen me and advised me that at 73.5 kgs and bmi of 22.4 I need to get my act together pronto (Daily Telegraph, paywall)
You and @jjraak would make a fabulous double act. You both need to be on the stage (and I dont mean sweeping it!).

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w I'm just doing my little bit for the cause. I educated myself mainly on this site with forum members help. Meds are the mop and bucket mopping up the leak (sugar/carbs) and I want to spread the word on how you can turn off that leak. I can only hope it makes a difference. I can see it is making a difference on my own social media sites. I love that. Most are non diabetic. I'm getting pics posted to me if my friends' weight loss journeys that are blowing my mind. I'm going to carry on. The biggy is my surgery have asked for me to give an in house talk! Not sure exactly who to but fingers crossed drs will be listening! As soon as I have drs on board fully I hit the big time as ITV AND BBC (local) want to film!!! Then who knows where that will take us. Chip chip chip. Celebratory Lidl roll this morning ;-)

You are doing an absoluely amazing job, @Debandez. You will probably never really know how many people you have helped by spreading this information. Can't wait to read about your updates.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today. Going out to a Thai restaurant this evening which I am a little worried because I have tried to avoid Oriental food so this will be tricky. But its got a fab reputation and its our last evening with our visiting Canadian friends.
@Cumberland good to see Wispa has got it all figured out!! Adorable.
@johnpol hugs for the hypos. Why do they come in clusters, so horrible.
@Debandez great hba1c and you are a true Low Carb missionary.
@jjraak and @ianpspurs you are both bonkers! Love it!
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You are doing an absoluely amazing job, @Debandez. You will probably never really know how many people you have helped by spreading this information. Can't wait to read about your updates.
I've got my poorly granddaughter today (2 years old bless her) so I will be donning my Florence Nightingale attire today and reply in full over the weekend.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today. Going out to a Thai restaurant this evening which I am a little worried because I have tried to avoid Oriental food so this will be tricky. But its got a fab reputation and its our last evening with our visiting Canadian friends.
@Cumberland good to see Wispa has got it all figured out!! Adorable.
@johnpol hugs for the hypos. Why do they come in clusters, so horrible.
@Debandez great hba1c and you are a true Low Carb missionary.
@jjraak and @ianpspurs you are both bonkers! Love it!
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe
Go for the duck maybe. Or dry options. @PenguinMum. Balance it with some red wine! But just enjoy your evening. Sounds like a wonderful restaurant and you will be in your amazing friends company. Is there a spare seat (giggling) x

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak
* the difference is I am relatively new to this. Internet savie.
* Hungry to learn about the condition and
* eager to reverse symptoms and control bs without meds for as long as possible, hopefully all my life.

**I never take what I hear as definite. I've always done my own research.

They have asked me to do a talk for them. Very happy to. It might just stir something in one person. And that will be worth it.

* Agree.
* Agree
* Agree

** Absolutely agree

Loving the progress and positive nature of all your posts.

I know it's a hard slog, but I truly believe there will be people just like there is on here, singing the praises of someone who gave a **** AND made a difference to them.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all frequent fliers on the Brussels waste your time express.

A 7.3 roared out of the meter this morning.

Well folks Mrs J has her hands full today, me's and my youngest grandson are planning hehehehe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...one of those days yesterday when I thought sod it! so I had a day off diabetes went mad and ate smarties & baked beans (not together)...did no exercise and absolutely sweet FA in the house... watched really good rubbish TV...then went to bed after a KitKat snack...today woke to a 6.2 with my need to escape T2( temporarily) out of my system...:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...one of those days yesterday when I thought sod it! so I had a day off diabetes went mad and ate smarties & baked beans (not together)...did no exercise and absolutely sweet FA in the house... watched really good rubbish TV...then went to bed after a KitKat snack...today woke to a 6.2 with my need to escape T2( temporarily) out of my system...:D

Yay! I want to come spend a day at your house! Maybe after my training weekend at @ianpspurs ' Camp Magnolia? ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! I want to come spend a day at your house! Maybe after my training weekend at @ianpspurs ' Camp Magnolia? ;)
@SaskiaKC I am pretty certain @Bubbsie and I are based quite close to each other so that should be no problem. Hope you like eggs - currently about 40 to use up. Can't sell them as nearly everyone hereabouts has some - or 1000s -- of chickens.