What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

was 5.0 this morning

it's blowing a gale and raining here on and off so no walk for the little dog today, it's just too windy :(
Back to cold weather again, it's like a seesaw.

Looks like higher 4's to 5 is the new normal for my fbg every morning now. I'm not doing anything different really although I'm not getting quite as many walks as I was because of the weather.

Never mind, I'll keep on keeping on, who knows what the level would be if I didn't ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Hug for the morning highs, and the weather. We are having see-saw weather here too -- anything from cold and windy to cool and sunny, back and forth, back and forth, 10 degrees apart. And my morning FBGs have been running high -- 6s and 7.

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 today, up 0.5 :arghh:. I'm guessing the excessive alcohol intake past two days (it's 60p a bottle here! What can I do?!)

Noticable permanent numbness in big toes, ball of foot and slight reduction in feeling of left pinkie, and of all things top of belly button! Time to take it seriously.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.1 this morning, 5.4 before tea. Took metformin this morning too as higher, but no idea why so high. Ah well.

Rest of day has been constructing the greenhouse and filling 4 raised beds with 1.5 ton of soil. I ache!!!

Don't rely on metformin to bring down blood sugar levels significantly as it has a very small effect on Blood sugars. Also it has to be taken regularly as it has to build up in your system over time.

Reactions: Freema

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The owls and the crickets are singing together,
The stars have all taken the moon for a ride;
The first rain of summer is bending the heather --
As soft as a feather, I hear it outside.

Hush now, you hoot owls! and crickets, be wary;
The morning is hiding behind the next cloud.
Let the sounds of the evening be pleasant and airy;
Let nothing be scary, and nothing be loud.

--Rosemary Wells

sleep-my-bunny_1.jpg

Dawnmc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't rely on metformin to bring down blood sugar levels significantly as it has a very small effect on Blood sugars. Also it has to be taken regularly as it has to build up in your system over time.
Perhaps for now I should take 1 morning and night instead of two. Been really good today, 17g carbs so will see what the morning brings..

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
To a degree, I have been there, done that, bad back and all. Without the help of home health-care aides I don't know how I would have managed, plus being like a prisoner in the house never able to get out and go anywhere for a break. I am sorry you are in that situation. Hug.
Thanks, SasliaKC. Feeling housebound must have been awful for you. I sincerely hope things have improved for you.:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@ianpspurs gosh you look like you mean business, there must be some hedges to trim somewhere?
@dogslife sending hugs for the pain and other challenges.
@Nicel wishing you well, you know what to do hope you soon get back in the groove.
@Bubbsie I’m defo having a sofa day today and I dont care! Made lasagne for the family and I am having roasted aubergine, redonion, pepper and tomato tonight and other than feeding the cats thats the sum total of my labour!
Thanks, Penguin Mum.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, SasliaKC. Feeling housebound must have been awful for you. I sincerely hope things have improved for you.:)

Thank you. It was years ago. One reason I stay in my current apartment is that it is within walking distance of a grocery store, a post office, and other stores. I would love to be in a small town but small towns are not very walkable, and I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to afford a car again. New cars aren't fun to drive anyway. :)

I hope the coming week will be good for you.

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The owls and the crickets are singing together,
The stars have all taken the moon for a ride;
The first rain of summer is bending the heather --
As soft as a feather, I hear it outside.

Hush now, you hoot owls! and crickets, be wary;
The morning is hiding behind the next cloud.
Let the sounds of the evening be pleasant and airy;
Let nothing be scary, and nothing be loud.

--Rosemary Wells

sleep-my-bunny_1.jpg

I LOVE this!! I need a T shirt with that line!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally @jjraak what a lovely pic of Lauren dogs and sunset or rise?

Sunset, @PenguinMum .

The beaches we nickname Dog Town.
sleeping dogs.jpg

It's not a place if you dislike animals and the attention.
The Sand Dogs come in many varieties.
Sleeping, friendly, begging, sorrowful, playful & naughty.......

Back at the rooms it's the Cat Hotel.
(No, I honestly can't win, can I .lol :hilarious::hilarious:..good job I don't mind Lauren's mad animal ways )

cats wheredafood mum.jpg

Fbg this morning 6.2
Previous day's mid 5's..most pre/post meals 5 / 7..so all good apart from the poor weather.....;)

High 90's, yet again...ho hum
Off to lie on a beach until the day cools a little bit...hahaha . :D