What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While singing the praises of Goa
Just slightly off topic, an idea of the costs.
3 course meal, a few vodkas and fake cocktails...£22...cos.. "She's worth it " :D

lazydays bill.jpg

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Swopped my several wool layers for cotton ones so spring must be here. Lots of tennis yesterday followed by a spontaneous evening meal with friends . Talking nonsense while drinking red wine is a national hobby I feel. 5.2 on the meter this morning.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Off to the blood tests in a minute. Fasting levels were 4.8 today, now half an hour later 4.5.

@Bubbsie and @Caeseji -- Very grateful for your support. It means a lot. @Bubbsie -- Sorry for the cold, hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
@heavyd -- Good to see you back. We've been missing you.
@Dawnmc71 -- Have you had a look at dawn phenomenon? While we are still insulin resistant, we often still have higher blood sugars when waking up. (For me, it took about half a year of low carbing till fasting levels normalized.) The reason for dawn phenomenon is that the body releases a couple of hormones (including adrenalin, epinephrin) to get us ready and going and insulin to counterbalance them. However, as long as we are still insulin resistant, the body doesn't perfectly respond to the insulin yet. If you stick with this way of eating, insulin resistance should start improving too.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunset, @PenguinMum .

The beaches we nickname Dog Town.
View attachment 32030

It's not a place if you dislike animals and the attention.
The Sand Dogs come in many varieties.
Sleeping, friendly, begging, sorrowful, playful & naughty.......

Back at the rooms it's the Cat Hotel.
(No, I honestly can't win, can I .lol :hilarious::hilarious:..good job I don't mind Lauren's mad animal ways )

View attachment 32032

Fbg this morning 6.2
Previous day's mid 5's..most pre/post meals 5 / 7..so all good apart from the poor weather.....;)

High 90's, yet again...ho hum
Off to lie on a beach until the day cools a little bit...hahaha . :D
I couldn't go there jjaark...I'd want to take them all home with me...I have no sense of perspective when it comes to 'stray' animals

Last edited:
Reactions: OrsonKartt

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
While singing the praises of Goa
Just slightly off topic, an idea of the costs.
3 course meal, a few vodkas and fake cocktails...£22...cos.. "She's worth it " :D
Have you tried Fenny, the Goan spirit? There are two types, coconut fenny which is quite rough, and cashew fenny which is a bit better. They are both better with a mixer rather than neat.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 and @ziggy_w best wishes for Hba1c not luck needed you both have consistently excellent numbers and work hard for your control. @Dawnmc71 yesterday sounds like a perfect day to me and contrary to what they write in public I doubt many people actually understand diabetes - they make peace with it. @karen8967 and @Bubbsie hope the illnesses subside hastily. @Chronicle_Cat great knowledge of Indian food and estimable weight loss + fbg levels.
My fbg was 5.8 - completely sub-optimal. Man and nutrition not in harmony there. Controlling zero dark thirty wake up apparently involves liquid Krispy Kremes roaming the estate disguised as blood.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, and the scores on the doors is.........4.4 too low to drive so a glass of milk and I was good to go. A nice cold crisp sunny morning here in County Durham, hopefully it warms up. The rugby was good we won!! But unfortunately someone forgot his hat and gloves! So queue a cold beginning (I'm getting soft in my old age!!)

take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me
@ziggy_w hope your fasting test goes well, I’m sure it will, your diet and fbg look great.
@Bubbsie hope the chicken soup does it’s thing soon. There seem to be a lot of horrible bugs on the rampage at present.
@jjraak those beach dog photos are amazing, if I could bring the conversation down to base level for a bit - who cleans up after them? The beach looks clean.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 which will make for a tetchy day. Maybe my natural insulin is starting to run out but next HBA1c will tell.
@ziggy_w a bit late but good luck with tests but I am sure it will be great!
@karen8967 and @Bubbsie hope you get better quickly. Be gentle with yourselves.
Hope you all have a good Monday. stay well, stay safe.