What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Its early but its light and the cat has done its stretchy thing so the day begins........... Yesterday I had a brunch of sausages ( x3) bacon and eggs at a local cafe . The meal kept me spiked for more than 4 hours, I can only guess its the sausages, but its been the first time I've seen a spike like that for weeks if not months. - Anyhow a moderate supper ( Home made meat loaf + ratatouille ) sees me with a 5.3 reading this morning. While this is a little higher than of late its still within the realms of "normal". Have a good, good Friday all....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with everything you have said. I think that the seriousness of diabetes isn't highlighted at dx. Just being offered pills and told you can still eat everything just cut down on sugar is so wrong. I kept my leaflets. I have used them in my presentations to point out what is wrong with current guidelines. Alongside a demo of my blood glucose monitor!!!
You are doing a really brilliant job. If just one person who hears you speak changes how they manage this potentially horrible condition it would have been worth it. My feeling is that you would have potentially thrown a 'lifeline' to many more people. Once they go home and think about what you have said and then hopefully log onto this website they will realise that what you told them really does work.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Sun is rising in a cloudless sky. Good weather for some boat maintenance and sailing.

FBG 8.5 mmo/lt. Have started new BP meds. Not sure how these will react, if at all, with the LC and Metformin. Fingers crossed.

Hope you all have some enjoyable plans for the Easter break.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Its early but its light and the cat has done its stretchy thing so the day begins........... Yesterday I had a brunch of sausages ( x3) bacon and eggs at a local cafe . The meal kept me spiked for more than 4 hours, I can only guess its the sausages, but its been the first time I've seen a spike like that for weeks if not months. - Anyhow a moderate supper ( Home made meat loaf + ratatouille ) sees me with a 5.3 reading this morning. While this is a little higher than of late its still within the realms of "normal". Have a good, good Friday all....
Never more apt a day than today to wish everyone a Good Friday :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Now I know that I am in the 4s overnight I don't mind seeing 5s in the morning - but it does cheer me up no end to see a reading in the 4s in the morning.

After the 5 hour shopping trip marathon I put my husband through I suggested he choose what we do over Easter. He has chosen a water garden one day and National Trust Parkland for the other. Both are my favourite places so am really looking forward to it.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Didn't post yesterday. Fbgs yesterday and today were 4.3 (for both days).

Expecting 25 degrees today, sun is out and skies are blue. Looking forward to spending the day outside. What are your plans for the Easter weekend?

@Traceymac23 -- Thanks so much for your kind words. (I am actually blushing a bit.)
@PenguinMum -- Thanks so much. You are such a kind and caring person.
@karen8967, @johnpol, and @philchap1 -- So sorry about all the hypos. Must be truly awful. Does this have to do with the change in temperatures?
@Cumberland -- Don't know what to say -- how frightening and dreadful. Glad you got through this alright. Please take care.
@Debandez -- I really like your comparison "like turning the Titanic around with your pinkie." This really captures it well. I think one of the real problems is that so many diabetics will follow the advice of their GPs rather than to strike out on their own.

Have a great day, all.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1554021167062.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.
I knocked my wheel of wonderment off my arm as I staggered to the bathroom at early o’clock this morning - the Twins had escaped from their room and were busing themselves organising a breakout from the safety gate, encouraged by their four year old sister with cries of.”you only need to blow the bl**dy door off”. Not the reason for the wheel coming off - just me being clumsy and thinking that I could, in a semi dazed state, push all the molecules of my body through several layers of gloss paint and the wooden door frame hidden inside.
So, a finger prick test, revealing a 5.5.

Later, tea, nappy changes, breakfast, koffy.

They are all going off with Mrs Miggins to the caravan for the weekend, being joined later by two more minions.
I shall check the tyre pressures on my motorcycle and then decide what I want to do.
Unfortunately its Easter weekend and the roads will be full of holiday goers, all being miffed that someone else is in the way.
Might just walk into town, have a fry up and then walk back.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reading was 12 at 7 am.

No! I was good yesterday afternoon with everything I ate etc. I wasn’t having that so I tried another finger. So a moment later I am 9.1 with the next finger at 7.05 am

Doesn’t make sense. I washed my hands in plain water as I do every time before a prick.

Got to dash now....a canal boat calls...

Happy weekend to you all.

Take care

>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not just so I can take biscuits off the table but so I can talk low carb and its benefits to the speaker from the dreaded diabetes.org.uk!!! I just have to learn to bake in the meantime!!!
I have a good recipe for low carb blueberry muffins...easy peasy to bake...I'll have a look for it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are doing a really brilliant job. If just one person who hears you speak changes how they manage this potentially horrible condition it would have been worth it. My feeling is that you would have potentially thrown a 'lifeline' to many more people. Once they go home and think about what you have said and then hopefully log onto this website they will realise that what you told them really does work.
That is just how I feel about it. If it just helps one person I'm more than happy.