What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. 6.1 this morning.......perhaps because I did’t take it immediately on getting up, rushed around a bit first and have a very stressful day ahead to look forward to at work. I made some celeriac chips last night that was the only difference in diet and before bedtime was 5.9.........sigh

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's really helpful to hear, though it's not good news for either of us. I wait to eat until 3 pm, the same as you, to get my waking sugars below 6 and all that happens is my blood sugars spike after eating and remains high all evening and overnight. I can't burn the visceral body fat I need to running prolonged, high sugars, which is the point of intermittent fasting. I'm also terrified about my next HbA1c blood test tomorrow.
Actually this may not be unusual. I found exactly the same - so I eat at breakfast but stop eating at lunch time or mid afternoon most days. It absolutely suits my metabolism and my blood sugars stay good.

I read somewhere that doing IF this way is better for some people. It definitely is for me.

Reactions: UserABC2021

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.5 this morning was 4.1 at bedtime last night so had a small amount of carbs as didn't want to go any lower than that and as within the allowable error of the meter it could have actually been as low as 3.5

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
7.1 Not good for my fasting blood test today. I needed more time for the effects of the change back to breakfasts and IF (from the skipping breakfast routine that didn't work.) But hey, it's better than yesterday.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnEGreen thank you I have been used to being in the 5s and high 4s mostly especially early morning so was a bit taken aback!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning.
I am going to try to shift my eating window, and have food in the morning soon after waking, then finish eating for the day late afternoon.

These fasting levels are getting to be tedious. The only other change in recent weeks is that I haven’t been well enough to get to my usual swimming pool and gym sessions. Will start a gradual return, even though it seems unwise to change more than one variable at a time as it makes it impossible to be able to determine the effects. I need to see better results.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 for me today

It's another grey day here and only 9'C this morning, I'll need my woolly pulley today ;)
We're off out to volunteer day so if it rains it won't matter too much ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)