What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today. Had a lovely piece of homemade cake yesterday from the Caldasi's 'reversing diabetes' cookery book. Hubby made it. Delicious. But might have been a bit too big of a slice ;-)

Attachments

• 20200513_031631.jpg
    20200513_031631.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 222

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

Over the last few weeks, there have been an increasing number of posts appearing on this thread that do not fit the purpose of the thread

This is the original post, made nearly 9 years ago, which has steered this thread well for a long time.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...
It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.
This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me
What about you?

And below is a link to a typical page, only a couple of weeks ago, where people were posting brief one or two liners, with their fasting reading and a very short comment.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-blood-glucose-with-some-chat.22272/page-2539
This thread is now over 2,500 pages long, and this low chat level is obviously a winning formula for the many members who have used it over the years.

However, more recently, longer posts, with more chat and less brevity have appeared, and the tone is turning from post-and-run to post-and-chat-all-day.

So this is a reminder that if you would like to interact beyond a brief fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...
then please take that chat to another thread.

There is actually a thread already running in the General Chat section of the forum for exactly this chatty purpose:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...se-full-on-chat.163627/page-1276#post-2258080

Unfortunately, in order to keep this thread on track the mod team will be deleting a number of off topic posts from the last few pages, in order to keep it to the original purpose.

The mod team would like to make clear that chat is a great, helpful and supportive part of this forum (in the General Chat section). But this thread is set up for those who wish to post and run, just briefly checking in with each other, rather than having to read through longer, chattier posts in order to find out how their friends are doing of a morning.

Last edited: