What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.1 yesterday. Last night I forgot to take my long-acting insulin before bedtime, and my MM alarmed overnight, so I took a correction. 6.8 this morning, which considering, was a lucky save. It could have been much worse.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the good wishes. Can't have fun anymore now I'm over 65.
Fun starts next year @ianpspurs when you should be eligible for state pension. :)
Hang in there!

Oh and to comply with forum rules, I report my fasting level today is 6.2. Which is not so bad, but I would be whooping with joy if I could remain under 6 every day.

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 after a long day eating and drinking celebrating father's day at our daughters. Hugs all round. It feels so good to hold our grandchildren and play. So a great day all round. Bbq so low carb heaven.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Pantboyandpig and good idea to keep an eye on things. 5.2 first up today then slept until 7.15. Clearly suffering from the variables. Doubt very much if 25k plus steps will be a good idea today so bg levels will float like a helium balloon. Back in the groove @DJC3 - I told you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Nicked a rather large piece of my husband's high-carb chocolate last night -- don't know what came over me, but it sure was delicious. Luckily, not too much damage done, maybe helped along by the wine.

Fasting levels today 5.2.

@Pantboyandpig -- Welcome to the forum and great fasting blood sugars, btw.

Happy father's day to all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Nicked a rather large piece of my husband's high-carb chocolate last night -- don't know what came over me, but it sure was delicious. Luckily, not too much damage done, maybe helped along by the wine.

Fasting levels today 5.2.

@Pantboyandpig -- Welcome to the forum and great fasting blood sugars, btw.

Happy father's day to all.
It is absurd to deny that much of the high carb food tastes delicious so managing what, when, how much and all the other variables seems to me to be the secret to sticking to this long term. I am, however, clueless.