What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me
FB_IMG_1584048610937.jpg

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, joining the game again been away as I have been concentrating on trying to get my blood levels consistent for the test I had last week, 4.7 this morning which I might add is a one off. Bloods were 38.

Have a good day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First out the traps was a 4.9 - oh so meh. Yesterday went well from result and comfortably numb angle - celebrated with tea. Huge thanks for all the good wishes. 6 months before next one - time to sort out the house (because the only way out of it is to finish it) and try to turn this woe from being the problem into a solution. Above all I need to be still for the presence of The Lord. Salmon and avo salad, sun and cricket today - truly blessed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, everyone.

@ianpspurs -- Wonderful that everything went well yesterday. Truly great results.
@Ryhia -- Congrats on your HbA1c in the normal range. Really well done.

Fasting blood sugar levels were 4.5 this morning.
Thanks @ziggy_w yesterday turned out fine. Now to deal with the pooh show that is LC in autumn and winter but today is sun, sun, sun, sun and salad, salad, salad, salad.:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mrs T. To be honest I've never timed it but here is my scan log for info. Re breakfast, these days I'm probably more of a coffee and cream for breakfast and a brunch person as I like to eat just twice a day (I feel it saves my dads army inside if I don't bring them out too often) So I would probably eat around 11am.

When my starting point has been higher I have a zero carb breaky (eg omelette, smocked mackerel or continental). When its in the 4s I would have a higher carb breaky, yoghurt with berries or keto muesli for example, I might occasionally have a slice of toast balanced out with fats (bacon is my favourite) which I feel keeps the rise down. I don't have bread very often at all. When I do its Hi-lo or a similar low carb one one. I keep a loaf in my freezer and just take out a slice as and when. I keep meaning to bake my own!
Thanks so much for that Mrs - it is much appreciated :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. Or 7.4. Depends on which meter you want to believe. Can anyone tell me why I bother doing this as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the numbers and no relation to what I have or have not eaten recently? Maybe FBG has more to do with how well or how badly or how long I've slept. Or the weather. Or whether or not the moon is blue. I do know that if I stay lower carb over a period of time, my FBG numbers run lower. That makes sense to me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Or 7.4. Depends on which meter you want to believe. Can anyone tell me why I bother doing this as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the numbers and no relation to what I have or have not eaten recently? Maybe FBG has more to do with how well or how badly or how long I've slept. Or the weather. Or whether or not the moon is blue. I do know that if I stay lower carb over a period of time, my FBG numbers run lower. That makes sense to me.
Just celebrate the 6.5. Some members claim to understand "the science" behind lc/fbg. As far as I can see from numerous posts that is not supported by actual lived experience by the majority. Nolens volens rules.