What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 6.3 today for no good reason. Very frustrating. I’m doing 16:8 fasting, less than 20g carbs and getting lots of exercise. Not sure what else I’m able to do.
@SaskiaKC I saw you were back here - great to see you again.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 --- Hugs for your frustrations. Have you considered an early meal and one meal later in the day rather than the reduced eating window? For some this seems to work better. Possibly the long time without food stresses your body?
@SaskiaKC -- It's good see you again.

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.9.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 6.3 today for no good reason. Very frustrating. I’m doing 16:8 fasting, less than 20g carbs and getting lots of exercise. Not sure what else I’m able to do.
@SaskiaKC I saw you were back here - great to see you again.
I had similar when doing the same as you, @DJC3. I don’t know the timing of your fasting, but I was not eating before 1pm. When I shifted the time to earlier eating, and the 8 hour window for eating 11am to 7 pm , and increased carbs to between 50 -60 grams a day, (mainly from vegetables) the levels reduced, as did some of the weight.

Today fasting was 5.7. Happy with that. Average on meter readings throughout day for last 3 months has been 5.5. Due diabetes review soon. That should be fun, as no chance of getting in surgery, or / and blood tests, so it will likely be a DIY review, (I can check my own feet, BP, weight etc) apart from some random HCP I have never met trying to tell me how I should manage my T2 in a phone call. Despite me being deaf.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.4 this morning. I completely forgot to take my waking blood sugars yesterday. It was 5.4 after my morning coffee, and when I finally remembered. Have a great day everyone.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 9.3 this morning don't know where it came from but it can go back lol

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 --- Hugs for your frustrations. Have you considered an early meal and one meal later in the day rather than the reduced eating window? For some this seems to work better. Possibly the long time without food stresses your body?
@SaskiaKC -- It's good see you again.

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.9.

That’s a good idea Ziggy thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try it from Sunday ( can’t have breakfast tomorrow morning as I go to boot camp Saturday morning and jumping about with a full stomach would be disastrous!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had similar when doing the same as you, @DJC3. I don’t know the timing of your fasting, but I was not eating before 1pm. When I shifted the time to earlier eating, and the 8 hour window for eating 11am to 7 pm , and increased carbs to between 50 -60 grams a day, (mainly from vegetables) the levels reduced, as did some of the weight.

Today fasting was 5.7. Happy with that. Average on meter readings throughout day for last 3 months has been 5.5. Due diabetes review soon. That should be fun, as no chance of getting in surgery, or / and blood tests, so it will likely be a DIY review, (I can check my own feet, BP, weight etc) apart from some random HCP I have never met trying to tell me how I should manage my T2 in a phone call. Despite me being deaf.

Thanks Pipp @ziggy_w made a similar suggestion. It sounds a pretty good one so I’ll definitely try it. Thank you so much for your input. Both of you are doing so well I am very grateful for your advice.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Been AWOL for a wee while again, sorry! lol, hope you are all keeping well

After a change in bedtime snack last night it was a 4.8 for me this morning, OH couldn't get the things up to me yesterday so had to eat hobnobs rather than digestives, **** tasty they were too! haha

Have a nice day folks!
xx

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 to complete a week of 6s. Hugs @DJC3 I am clueless as to why its so hard to get out of 6s other than it really is unfair.

Reactions: DJC3