What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning - the champagne effect I expect. Many thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was roasting hot here yesterday so we were able to have a clan gathering in the garden too. In true Brit style I think at least 3 of us got sunburnt!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Accuracy of Swipey not guaranteed but trajectory spot on IMHO. 4.0 @ 5.52 in bedroom 4.7 by 7.30 having faffed about with dogs and made essential tea - no pea milk this morning. @DJC3 - baking hot? 3 base layers, down coat, ushanka and more here - even in M and S. Long, costly story involving Starbucks app and Julie needing the loo:arghh:

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.0 at 0615, not too bad after first barbecue of the year yesterday and two hot cross buns for lunch.

Aiming to achieve 8k on today’s run as I build up towards 10k for end of May.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

4.7 today. Have decided to lay off the wine starting today. Finished the last of it yesterday, so no more wine in the house (except my husband's, no hope I will not be tempted).
Good luck with the wine abstinence. No issue for me even though we have a huge stash I largely avoid it but I can sense that will be hard for you. Guess I'll have a glass on Sunday.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the wine abstinence. No issue for me even though we a huge stash but I can sense that will be hard for you. Guess I'll have a glass on Sunday.

Thanks for your kind wishes, @ianpspurs. Yes, lockdowns have been really hard on me -- been working from home for more than two semesters now, added teaching load, often recording lectures all day (including weekends and holidays), some Zoom sessions lasting up to 9 hours, and no personal contact with students or colleagues. Feeling burned out and can't wait to get back to normal, maybe next semester starting October.

Reactions: annabell1

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a shameful 8.8 mmol this morning.. but enjoying my daughters company and cooking , happy to have her home for -reading-time before her examinations, haven't been together much under the Covid-19 era
Ditto my daughter missed her loads ...she will be home for a couple of weeks at the end of this month can wait to see her .

Reactions: annabell1

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.0 today. Going to have a tiny bit of a tweak on the carbs today to see if I can get into (joy of joys!) the 5s. Cold and windy here in London. Going out on my bike later to meet a couple of friends in the park. We will probably just freeze and drink tea out of flasks. Hope you are all doing well this Easter weekend.