What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning - Libre again showed this is dp. I love the data I am getting from it - free sample but as they probably suspected I am now hooked and have bought a couple more! It has shown me that intermittent fasting works well for me, and now I am seeing if I can get off the Forxiga safely. I got the DN to reduce the dose to 5mg after the first month as the side effects caused me some concern and I do low carb so hoping it wasn't doing much for me. I don't think I would have had the nerve to do these tweaks without being able to watch the numbers so closely :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

still running a bit high.

Had a session of arrhythmia yesterday afternoon and still feeling a bit jittery in the chest... going to phone GP, which should be fun after an Easter Bank Holiday weekender....

Reactions: annabell1 and Pasha

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3. Will be fasting as I don’t feel like eating anything.
After effects of vaccine? Common cold? Whatever it is I am having a duvet day.

Reactions: annabell1

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fbg 5.2 today after 5.6 yesterday. Still a bit higher than usual for me, but slowly coming down, albeit after quite a bit of exercise and not eating much. Hope the downward trend continues.

@hankjam -- Hugs for arrhythmia.
@Pipp -- My bet would be on the vaccine -- many here have reported higher levels for about a week after receiving it. Still frustrating, isn't it?
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the worries and the broken night. May I ask what is a pocket call? Never heard the expression before.
@PenguinMum -- Your cake looks like a work of art, bet it was delicious too. I admire you for resisting.
@chasdon and @Neens 2 -- Welcome to the thread.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs @Pipp hope the duvet day restores you.
Good luck with the GP appt @hankjam I hope those symptoms don’t foretell anything serious. Lemon sponge pud sounds glorious and I’m not surprised you had some.
@1970clea that’s good to read, I agree Libre data is so useful and if it’s given you confidence to reduce meds that’s wonderful.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fbg 5.2 today after 5.6 yesterday. Still a bit higher than usual for me, but slowly coming down, albeit after quite a bit of exercise and not eating much. Hope the downward trend continues.

@hankjam -- Hugs for arrhythmia.
@Pipp -- My bet would be on the vaccine -- many here have reported higher levels for about a week after receiving it. Still frustrating, isn't it?
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the worries and the broken night. May I ask what is a pocket call? Never heard the expression before.
@PenguinMum -- Your cake looks like a work of art, bet it was delicious too. I admire you for resisting.
@chasdon and @Neens 2 -- Welcome to the thread.

Thanks Ziggy. A pocket call is an accidental call, when you may have shoved your phone into your pocket without it being switched off -sometimes called butt dialing but I’m far too refined to use an expression like that!

Glad you’re on a downward trend and the exercise and mindful eating are helping.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Had a session of arrhythmia yesterday afternoon and still feeling a bit jittery in the chest... going to phone GP, which should be fun after an Easter Bank Holiday weekender....
Sorry to hear about the arrhythmia. Are you getting enough magnesium?

Reactions: annabell1 and ert

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

No chance with the GP this morning, so will try again in the morrow.
Went for a walk and on getting home, felt a bit odd so tested, 4.2, which is the lowest I have tested in sometime, which did come as a surprise given I had a breakfast this morning, chia coffee cocoa peanut butter yogurt pecans and linseed mix.
Bit of left over lamb fricassee and cheese for lunch.
Still a bit jit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No chance with the GP this morning, so will try again in the morrow.
Went for a walk and on getting home, felt a bit odd so tested, 4.2, which is the lowest I have tested in sometime, which did come as a surprise given I had a breakfast this morning, chia coffee cocoa peanut butter yogurt pecans and linseed mix.
Bit of left over lamb fricassee and cheese for lunch.
Still a bit jit.
Take care and I pray there will be a GP appt tomorrow.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1617605865308.jpg

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Freema : Hang tough. Just read your Signature, gotta be a mistake “HbA1c 57- dec-2021” - We ain’t there yet.