What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to all this only been diagnosed two weeks ago.

However have seen a drop in fbg from the mid 7s to now 6.5s! This is following a low carb approach.

So 6.5 today!

But yes can’t wait to be a regular on this as it’s really amazing how we all can support eachother!

Wishing you all a great bank holiday 3 day weekend well I guess had? Hehe but we still have some hours left so enjoy it! :)
Good to see you join us, @Umi2021 . Looks as though you have made a great start.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 for me
FB_IMG_1619766562196.jpg

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.6 at 0330, that’s far too early to be headed to work.

12k run complete by 0600.

5.1 at 0900 on return from work as my helicopter for the day is sick !

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3
When was your most recent (2nd?) covid jab?
I have had 4 weeks of raised fasting levels since mine. Hoping thathas come to anend now.

I think you may be right it’s been just over 2 weeks and it was about this time after the first jab that levels were high, and stayed high all day. It lasted a couple of weeks then so I shan’t worry too much about it now for a couple of weeks.
Hope yours carry on behaving.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
last day of the holiday yesterday driving back home after an early checkout to avoid bad weather and so got a bit busy. The reading yesterday morning was 6.3 and then during the holiday I have not exactly been fasting to my normal routine so I just had food yesterday as if it was an eating day. The reading this morning was 6.7.

Sadly it has been hovering in 7.3 and 7.4 since then. It does not cross the threshold of 7.6 but stays in higher range which makes me nervous because on 10/05 I have my HbA1c and with what I have read the readings closer to the test tend to weigh more than those from earlier part of the 3 month period which might mean the HbA1c result might be a bit higher. It will still hopefully be nothing like past 10 years though and I have been seeing these bizzare trends only after the COVID vaccination even if there is a correlation to pollen count as well. Then there is this cough that Magic has which - based on search in Google and given his age - appears he might have the condition of what is called "Tracheal Collapse" - Vet appt has been booked. All in all I am not feeling all the happy about this entire situation - maybe it's just the fact that holiday is over.

Whatever it is, I hope everyone else is having a better day than I am. :)

Reactions: MargaretR