What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous boy, he is my age! I’m glad he settled eventually and I hope he’s loving the new surroundings.

Yeah we are all loving it. Magic's tail hasn't stopped wagging so we know he has been super excited with all new smells. :)

However, on the diabetes front it's strange situation as of now. You see with all the walking BG came down but I was feeling too tired and decided to break fast at 20 hrs mark and had food but after that the reading slowly climbed up in last 3 hours all the way to 7.7 and right now its at 6.4. Not sure what it will be in morning now that I will be sleeping to a higher number. :wacky:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me
FB_IMG_1592328488597.jpg

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Good morning,

Great idea for a thread.

I am very new to this. Tested this morning at 6.2. Something of a shock, as I thought it would be closer to 5!

CallMeAlan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed with T2 about 10 days ago. On Metformin, 500 x 2 per day.
HbA1C was 67 at that time.
With my new meter, my first readings last evening were 6.2 before dinner, 7.9 two hours after. Of course, I'll need a few days of readings to establish a rough average.