What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 via Swipey. Longish drive to Southampton soon for a party in the park - No 3 granddaughter. Pit stop in a hotel - scary if I'm honest - then home Sunday in time for No 2 grandson God willing.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.7 after trying two little scoops of Oppo after a baked fish supper. So another thing I can’t have. @ianpspurs safe travels and great expectations for a safe delivery.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was 4.6 this morning. Yay! Bloods were 4.3 before supper. - Shocked, its a long time since I have seen low 4s on my meter. Loving this! I usually have supper about 5:00 was out so didn't manage to eat until around 7:30. Maybe eating later was beneficial. No rhyme or reason. Puzzled but thankful:)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at 6AM, 36 hours into fasting. Its 4.4 now and the overnight average was 4.4 too again a pretty flat graph.
Screenshot_20210731-082854_DiaBox.jpg

I was awake till 4 AM so I checked a few times with finger prick just to be sure and Diabox was in complete sync with finger prick test results.

Now the lack of sleep is bound to screw up the numbers sooner than later but hey i will just celebrate small wins. :)

Safe travels @ianpspurs .

Have a great Saturday everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. i am sure these test stips are not accurate sometimes. 3 different readings this morning. 5.3 then 4.4 and finaly 4.6. Bloods at 9.15 last night was 4.9 so went with the 4.6 :). Have a good one everybody

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.6 today. i am sure these test stips are not accurate sometimes. 3 different readings this morning. 5.3 then 4.4 and finaly 4.6. Bloods at 9.15 last night was 4.9 so went with the 4.6 :). Have a good one everybody
In 2013 new, tighter accuracy standards (ISO: 15197:2013) were drawn up, requiring that 95% of blood glucose results should reach the following standard.

Within ± 0.83 mmol/L of laboratory results at concentrations of under 5.6 mmol/L
(Within ± 15 mg/dl of laboratory results at concentrations of under 100 mg/dL)
Within ± 20% of laboratory results at concentrations of 5.6 mmol/L (100 mg/dL) or more

Generally speaking you can expect a tolerance of +/- 15% from your meter and test strips so the meter is not a precision instrument many here use it to show trends and don't expect very high accuracy.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 6AM. It is after my eating day and I had my regular intake of protein so the number is as per established trends. Overnight average is 6.5 and again it has been more or less straight line.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 on Swipey 90 sleep score and 59 resting pulse. Hotels are "challenging" especialyl lifts. Croissants still taste wonderful and if there had been cream cheese bagel and smoked salmon was a goer. They were spectacular bagels:arghh:

Reactions: karen8967