What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.8 which seems to now be my default position. @garyclark82 congratulations and enjoy windy Windermere. @Estragon gentle hug for the root canal pain and hope the Dentist can make it better. Why is pain always worse at night! Applause for all the good numbers today everyone.
Top lady. Always supportive of others and quick to congratulate or commiserate whatever your own circumstances. You deserve more than winner.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.7 this morning I picked the middle value out of the three readings I got this morning that ranged from 3.4 to 5.1 the 5.1 was after getting up and moving about for a while the 3.4 at about 6 AM when woken by my libre sounding off. So the 4.7 seems a reasonable pick.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
5.5 this morning! Really hope that my levels start to become more in this range. I generally don't go over 7s nowadays but would like the naughty dawn phenomenon to just behave now :grumpy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 wot, no glass (or more) of red with that meat? Y'all have a good day. I'mma having jab#3 then seeing a physio in Newmarket. He may think I'm a tad taller and nearer a normal weight than his normal clientele..

No wine since Sunday - I try to limit it to weekends but couldn’t imagine Sunday lunch without a couple of glasses.
Hope all goes well with your jab and physio today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning I picked the middle value out of the three readings I got this morning that ranged from 3.4 to 5.1 the 5.1 was after getting up and moving about for a while the 3.4 at about 6 AM when woken by my libre sounding off. So the 4.7 seems a reasonable pick.
Hug for Swipey waking you John. i reckon Swipey is ballpark useful 8/14 days with settling in and "giving up" by about day 10. Still way better than Elsie who works about 1 in 4 in her good times.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to you and your fiancée @garyclark82 environment and betrothal seem to be good for bg. @Estragon hugs and I hope the D resolves issues. @LeftPeg it is indeed early days - managing The D really is the proverbial marathon not a sprint. @DJC3 wot, no glass (or more) of red with that meat? Y'all have a good day. I'mma having jab#3 then seeing a physio in Newmarket. He may think I'm a tad taller and nearer a normal weight than his usual clientele..
Hope everything goes ok with the jab and the physio.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning which is perplexing. Didn't get to do the walk planned yesterday as the weather was just too foul. Ended up just walking around the shore of Windermere before proposing to my now fiancee there rather than on the top of a hill. Some celebration at an Indian in Kendal which I expected to bring me up, but apparently not!
Got to add my congratulations along with all the others. Well done.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to everyone for their kind words.
Was extra bad yesterday (in advance of returning home today) and made the most of eating things I shouldn't. Recorded a 6.3 which is absolutely fine (in fact, it's about a point lower than I expected it to be!!!)
Back aiming for the green as of tomorrow/Saturday

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 for me
FB_IMG_1542809135033.jpg

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.7 - Went to bed on a 7.4 . Dentist ground down a high-point on root canal tooth. 10 seconds later, and pain gone! Taking Mrs E to have her Booster today. I’ve got so much to say, but I won’t, could get me barred, I’ll just say that “Sleeping” Diabetics need far more support than is presently offered by GPS that is before the NHS is overwhelmed with new cases, of Diabetes. Just saying ;).