What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine last Saturday, blood glucose went up about a point, resting heart rate went up about 15 beats, hands and feet frozen, face roasting ... good news is i was back to normal, for me, after 3 or 4 days, so you are getting there.

Yes, my pulse rate went up 10+ bpm as well. Seems mostly back to my standard today.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Can’t sleep (03.45am)
Larry on phone 10.8
Reader 10.2
Finetest 6.8
Definitely another dud libre
Pt at 8 before work, might have a run first
Have a good day everyone
Going to feel like a long day

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 - definitely the wine effect.
@Estragon hurrah! Glad you crossed the border safely.
@DEBBIESCOTT definitely looks like a dud Libre, Running and PT before work is a really impressive feat, well done! My PT session on Tues has been cancelled due to weather conditions being even more appalling than usual.

benford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DOCTORS
Hi Grant - welcome to the forum :) What a good idea for a thread. When I read this I had already had my first morning cup of coffee about 10-15 mins before but tested anyway and got 6.4. Last true fasting test was 5.9 so the coffee didn't make much difference (and no sugar anyway!). I usually get fasting tests in the 5s which is where I like them. Perhaps checking in here with my levels will help me remember to do the early morning test :)
I had a cup of tea tested 6;4 i will test tomorrow pre morning cuppa,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DEBBIESCOTT legend for that dedication but hug for the early waking and odd numbers. Your D is obviously not due to being sedentary. @Estragon @PenguinMum and @DJC3 :woot: @Widgets +1 pt and fbg still 4.8? Impressive. My fbg was 6 today which is by degrees embarrassing, concerning, an epic fail, just where I'm at and still, optimistically, just inside pre-D. Good morning @benford and @blacknjr I'm off to the gym at 1.30 to see Toby. What could possibly go wrong?:angelic:
Edited to insert fbg

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sleepless night. 7.1 fasting. Aiming for 6s by end of week
Walked for 30 mins, hoping it was at least a mile.

Reactions: karen8967