What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks so much. We are in charge of our 4 month old grandson:woot: today. Lord knows who felt that was a remotely good idea for the poor little mite. Just don't tell "The Authorities." My fbg and estimated A1c have moved postcode. In remission/well controlled was just "too common." Elsie lacks "coof." Salmon salad and grandchildren are at the apex of God's gifts to my life. Elsie is in the paper raincoat crew.
Hope you’re ok, have a lovely day with your grandson

Reactions: Ryhia

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Back to the 5.5's so far today after a tempestuous couple of days and weird and wonderful bg readings, I am happy with the 5s :cool:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 5.9
Reader 5.4
Finetest 4.3
Peloton for gomad today before work
Have a good day everyone the weekend starts tonight
Well done, @DEBBIESCOTT . You have inspired me. Aiming for my mile in the swimming pool. Have been a bit lethargic these last few weeks. Dark days of winter do that. So, today is my first day of December mile. As I started late will carry it over to January. Thank you.
And in keeping with the theme of the thread, my morning reading today was 7.1. Aim to be in sticky sixes withinthe week. There you go intentions made public, have to fulfil the obligation now!

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm fine thanks - an fbg of 6.3 isn't (way out of control for me) - and a lovely day is a racing certainty. Salmon with crispy skin:woot::woot: and my grandson are sure fire winners. At some point today bg should slide into mid to low 4s. You take care.
Do not eat the granson, you will regret it! Stick with the salmon.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, @DEBBIESCOTT . You have inspired me. Aiming for my mile in the swimming pool. Have been a bit lethargic these last few weeks. Dark days of winter do that. So, today is my first day of December mile. As I started late will carry it over to January. Thank you.
And in keeping with the theme of the thread, my morning reading today was 7.1. Aim to be in sticky sixes withinthe week. There you go intentions made public, have to fulfil the obligation now!
Did you manage the mile?

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone says 5.6
& I had a treat of a costa flat white with coconut milk while shopping yesterday
Walk with a friend this morning for my gomad mile
@Pip182 hope you enjoyed your swim
@ianspurs hope everyone survived yesterday

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - haven’t been on here for a while as life has got in the way - poorly cat resulted in 7 trips to the vet over 2 weeks and 3 lots of medication for her. I’ve also been eating more carbs so I’ve not tested too much in the mornings but when I do my readings are between 5.4 and 5.9 with a 5.5 this morning.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
when I woke up it was 5.9 when I got up it was 4.3 yesterday I was hyper 9 times hardly lower than 8.6 most of the day with 10.1 at bedtime things are out of control at the moment.

maybe today will be better?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't sugar coat a 5.9 on Swipey - it stinks the house out. @DEBBIESCOTT we all survived, actually had an amazing time - he is thriving after a week in intensive care when >1 month old. @DJC3 maybe not dwell on it but you aren't of the Bertie Booster tendency. My late dad was born today in 1932. No 2 son sent a 2 word text: Bowling Warney. Read The Glance by George Herbert and you may understand the "immensity cloistered" in the text for we two. God V Elsie, T2, Swipey,weather,Bertie Booster etc - your boys took a hell of a beating.

Last edited:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning. Went to bed on a 4.8. Also had my Covid booster yesterday and, as I'm the one around here who gets side effects, I feel like death warmed up.

Reactions: karen8967