What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Didn’t wake up until 06.45 so a lie in
Larry has jumped ship (fell off in the night)
Safe aq 7.2
Contour 6.7
Too late for a walk before work so Peleton later
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: karen8967

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.0 this morning. Which I am pleased with following a stay in hospital and an inflamed pancreas

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.0 this morning. Which I am pleased with following a stay in hospital and an inflamed pancreas
That doesn’t sound at all nice Helen. Glad you’re home and recovering. Some days FBG are a side show. Take care.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So yesterday was 5.6, today is 5.1, much better, there seems to be a correlation between having low numbers and me not eating much, is that sustainable for me, you bet your life its NOT. Lots of low carb toast this morning, just to even things out. ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There was once a time when I would be so dismayed with this morning’s reading of 6.4. Funny that I am thrilled with that today. :D
To celebrate I battled my way throught the storm to the swimming pool. A mile completed, with a few aquafit exercises for goid measure.
I am rather chuffed with myself.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
You are almost there. Chin up, and keep on keeping on.
Thanks did 50 mins of cardio today so will see what my levels are at tea time (about 6pm). I have noticed my bg has a pattern of dropping during the day to the 5 regions on exercise days and if I have good sleep. Dreading my 6 month test in Feb :(

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hiya, I have been busy getting ready for my daughters wedding last weekend. 3 days of baking and decorating kept me busy! Not tested for a few days but to work and back on it tomorrow!

I did have some good news last Monday, I had a check up with the diabetic foot clinic and team. Finally got the insoles they want me to wear after my ulcer, got signed off from them now as everything is healed so well. Had a pile of blood tests too, HBA1C is now 47 (was 104 in September at diagnosis) They also did a c-peptide 1190, guess I have work to do to lower that.
Insulin was 62 and cholesterol looks like it’s 4, HDL had a nice little raise

Time to get my head around the new tests results and keep on doing what I am doing!

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on Swipey not low enough on any device but better than of late. @McHelen that all sounds painful. @Pipp stellar effort. @DEBBIESCOTT winner for Peleton. @Lainie71 go girl for the cardio. @Marianne67 wow, just wow on those results. @sboyce welcome. @DJC3 hug, and @PenguinMum what can I say except legend. @Ryhia hug for the balancing act of cals V carbs. I defo need more than yesterday's 1200 cals but Swipey seems intent on water fast or sky high levels. Nightmare.

Last edited:

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you @ianpspurs, I was rather pleased. Now to work out where I need to be, and work at getting there. I think the biggest help was already switching to IF and lowish carb before diagnosis. It had just slipped a little, especially during my daughters hen weekend about 12 weeks ago… none of them were low carb so it was 3 days of carb fest.