What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 if I stab I use Tee 2 - about as reliable as this can be IMHO. @PenguinMum and @DEBBIESCOTT (and anyone else later) thanks for MRI wishes. Basically just seeing if anything has changed in 2/2.5 years. Gestational stenosis was the origin suspect. I think I should have pushed for an op then. Meh.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 if I stab I use Tee 2 - about as reliable as this can be IMHO. @PenguinMum and @DEBBIESCOTT (and anyone else later) thanks for MRI wishes. Basically just seeing if anything has changed in 2/2.5 years. Gestational stenosis was the origin suspect. I think I should have pushed for an op then. Meh.
Gestational stenosis has me confused, but best wishes for the MRI from me too.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gestational stenosis has me confused, but best wishes for the MRI from me too.
I could blame predictive text changing congenital to gestational. Personally, I like the gestational better.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 maybe, I’ve emailed Spirit Healthcare about some dodgy readings I’ve been getting recently. Anyone else use a Tee2 meter?
@Pipp hope you are fully recovered now. @Marianne67 Fingers crossed the head cold will be well out of the way before Christmas.
@BrianDoc shame about the pup pic, a few people seem to have trouble posting photos, I wish I was techy enough to advise.
Great result @Widgets
Have a great Friday all.
I am using a Sinocare safe accu at present but also have a Tee 2 that was my go to. I stopped using the Tee 2 because the Sinocare strips are cheaper. Tee 2 and Sinocare are very similar to each other for accuracy as they should be I guess. I have found in the past that I have had some dubious results at times from the Tee 2, but never did work out why but did wonder if heat or cold may be a factor. Good luck with Spirit health, I just got fobbed off.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am using a Sinocare safe accu at present but also have a Tee 2 that was my go to. I stopped using the Tee 2 because the Sinocare strips are cheaper. Tee 2 and Sinocare are very similar to each other for accuracy as they should be I guess. I have found in the past that I have had some dubious results at times from the Tee 2, but never did work out why but did wonder if heat or cold may be a factor. Good luck with Spirit health, I just got fobbed off.

They phoned me today, and were very nice and helpful. They are sending me a new meter and control solution as the lady I spoke to said it was more likely the meter was the problem than the strips. She did say heat and cold can affect it, and something I didn’t know is that the meter should be held vertically all the while it’s got a strip in it, not laid flat ( which I usually do while it counts down). Will see if it makes a difference, the dodgy results have only happened in the last couple of weeks, it’s been pretty good until then ( not that I’ve always liked the results it’s thrown at me!)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They phoned me today, and were very nice and helpful. They are sending me a new meter and control solution as the lady I spoke to said it was more likely the meter was the problem than the strips. She did say heat and cold can affect it, and something I didn’t know is that the meter should be held vertically all the while it’s got a strip in it, not laid flat ( which I usually do while it counts down). Will see if it makes a difference, the dodgy results have only happened in the last couple of weeks, it’s been pretty good until then ( not that I’ve always liked the results it’s thrown at me!)
That's interesting about the meter being held vertically, as like you, I tend to lay mine flat. May try contacting Spirit Health again as maybe I just got the wrong person on the other end, I was simply told to test with control solution. I think my Sinocare may be on its last legs now as it runs out of battery life very quickly.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 or 5.3 depending on meter this morning. I’ll plump for somewhere in the middle.
@Ryhia good luck with Spirit this time, I hope you get the nice lady!

Reactions: mojo37 and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No Swipey reading for two reasons - The attached omnishambles and tomorrow's MRI - but my 6.5 year average was around the 5.5 borderline on stabbo. The initial mess still impacts that - 18 months of Swipey so no proper full data set. I know what "went in"yesterday, it is fully analysed via cronometer (<20 gms carb) so fbg is what it is. @DJC3 result from Spirit Health - always most helpful to me. @Ryhia I hope you have the same outcome as DJC. Abbott are sending me a replacement Swipey. The MRI is a status update on a known semi-unknown.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-10 14.24.59.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-10 14.24.59.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 here. Lots of exercise yesterday on not brilliant sleep the night before meant appetite was up quite a lot yesterday. Managed to tame the beast with cheese (OK) and walnuts (a definite 'careful now' food for me)

All good though.

@ianpspurs best wishes for the MRI, remember not to dance to the beat in there! It makes the pictures all blurry.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A very disappointing 7.1 for me though I seem to have a streaming cold since yesterday. Lateral Flow “cooking” atm. Happy Saturday All

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. She'll be right. (I'm now all Aussie in honour of their cricketers. Expecting a call from Silverwood as I type) Take care.
Thanks Ian first to know LF negative so just a cold. Felt very shivery yesterday! Quiet day with lots of tea prescribed. I am sure waiting for MRI not doing your BG any good but all relative. Everything crossed for you.