What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always wash my hands with hot soapy water first, if my fingers warm it’s easier to get blood out

If I'm already warm I don't always bother washing my hands first, but last night was enough adrenaline to make me a bit more conscious of doing so in the future. Either that or let the blokes get their own cake etc (I don't actually wait on them hand and foot, I was just in the kitchen already!)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp I do so hope you enjoy the research:angelic:; @MrsA2 enjoy the rum,. spiced rum isn't for me but many find it much to their taste; @Estragon winner for the philosophical attitude/big picture attitude -pointillism never appealed to me either; @DEBBIESCOTT enjoy the run and dog walk - legend; @Widgets wise words over washing but already warm and Elsie? simply doesn't compute for so many of us. @karen8967 really good run of numbers over an extended time :woot: I know what Swipey showed. I just don't know my fbg. Tinkerty Tonk Old Fruits.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Widgets

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning forgot to test until half a cup of tea was down my throat but what the heck. Sad that forgetting to take my bloods has been my only indulgence over Christmas; oh and a plum I ate over two consecutive days. How sad is that! Glad that others are feeling free to indulge a bit more. Glad tidings to all!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have withdrawn from the rum and wine study, as it is possible it could lead to slothful habits. I haven’t forgotten my pledge to be down to 5s fasting by mid January, and the deadline is approaching. Embraced a brisk walk. Have a few miles to catch up on to make my December average, but did 2 and a half today.
Fasting an acceptable 6.4.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No idea as stayed over at friends last night did not take my meter.
On arriving home late this morning it was 5.3 think it was probably higher as it was a roast meal at friends followed by cheese and crackers and copious amounts of wine and spirits in fact helped friend finish off his bottle of Bulleit Rye whiskey neat then stayed up till five in the morning chatting.:):)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Christmas morning was 5.3 (honestly), Boxing Day 7.3, today 7.7 so hope to now be starting down the hill. Didnt enjoy the Christmas dinner as much as I expected, my fave thing was chunks of salmon and cream cheese bagels on Christmas Eve which gave me the best FBG funnily enough and another surprise because I am not a big fan of smoked salmon or cream cheese o_O

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.8 - Heaps better than my 10.4 yesterday morn.

Starting to really realise just how responsive, or not, my EndoSys is at dealing with Carbs. I’ve previously, subconsciously and now consciously chartered my own “Carbo Bank”, whereby I make, over time, Carbo deficits transactions with myself, like saving UP for a Carbo semi-indulgence, and then have a modest consumption. Do you think this is something that can have traction? Long and the short of it all, I need to have, even now, a way into permanent Diab remission that is both palatable for me and efficacious for my health.

Have a fine day Chums!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning.

Yesterday was still a higher carb day than I've had since I started the low carb/pre-diabetic thing, but much lower than on Christmas and Boxing days. Aiming to stay at this and to drop both the (small amount of ) weight I gained over the weekend and drop another couple of Kg before my birthday at the end of January.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
6.6 so coming down the hill nicely. @Estragon I do carbs swaps with myself eg. I look forward to Fish Finger Firsday but they are coated in breadcrumbs so I have a very low/no carb lunch early and no snacks that day. I am not a saint or a faster, I do need to eat something three times a day. Have a good 28th All. xx

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Thought it would be much higher as had a goodly portion of Thai Chicken curry last night and some pork scratchings late on.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 - Heaps better than my 10.4 yesterday morn.

Starting to really realise just how responsive, or not, my EndoSys is at dealing with Carbs. I’ve previously, subconsciously and now consciously chartered my own “Carbo Bank”, whereby I make, over time, Carbo deficits transactions with myself, like saving UP for a Carbo semi-indulgence, and then have a modest consumption. Do you think this is something that can have traction? Long and the short of it all, I need to have, even now, a way into permanent Diab remission that is both palatable for me and efficacious for my health.

Have a fine day Chums!
The problem I find with indulging ‘occasionally’ with higher carb consumption is that once I start it is hard to stop. Carbs are addictive for me. If I was alcoholic it would be unwise to just have a bevvy once in a while. Same with the high carby stuff. Of course there are some carbs in my diet, I am not totally carb free, but if I start to indulge in more than my 60g maximum carbs a day, the craving starts, and can take several weeks to get back on track. I guess there is the alternative suggested to me by several HCPs of eating what I like and taking medication to elininate the sugars. I don’t want to go down that route. Having stayed relatively low carb for several years now, I find that most carbs foods are not that palateable for me. Though I do occasionally succumb to banana on cinnamon toast.
Today fasting was 6.3. Heading towards my 5s in about two weeks.:)