What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre sensor aka as Larry & lying Larry always reads over glucose meter
@DEBBIESCOTT thanks for the info. I am surprised, as the only time I used a Libre sensor, it read surprisingly low. It thought I was having hypos in my sleep, which was unlikely as I am not using supplemental insulin and the only diabetes med. I take is Metformin. This puts me off trying another Libre sensor.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn’t overindulge yesterday. No promises for today, though an encoraging 6.4 this morning.
@JohnEGreen , I need more info on the coffe walnut butter, please.

Well done to all of you warriors for keeping on track, even those who veered off slightly. Still here, reporting and encouraging the rest.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning, first ever fasting 4 woohoo. Had a touch more carbs than normal, and lots of red wine so go figure ...
It defies logic, this D. Well done, you. I would repeat the red wine experiment.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t overindulge yesterday. No promises for today, though an encoraging 6.4 this morning.

Well done to all of you warriors for keeping on track, even those who veered off slightly. Still here, reporting and encouraging the rest.
Well done on the discipline yesterday. Swipey rose by .8 over the two hrs from my first bite of Christmas lunch. Ended up a whopping 6.3. - from a high, for me, start @BrianDoc red wine has been known to flatten the curve - so does rum.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I did not make it my self but purchased it from Amazon.
Carbs may be a little higher than I would prefer at 18 grams per 100 gramsbut I like the taste for some reason.
Gluten free no palm oil no added sugar.
not keto I suppose but OK with low carb woe.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0899HS5W1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Pipp

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carbs may be a little higher than I would prefer at 18 grams per 100 grams
I do wonder why so high. Walnuts are only 3.3gc per 100g and brewed coffee 0. Ah, now I have it - also contains coconut flakes (30gc per 100g) and pumpkin seeds (10.71gc per 100g. All the more motivation to try to make my own. I think the walnuts will have to be roasted / fried first, otherwise I will just end up with ground walnuts.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a touch more carbs than normal, and lots of red wine so go figure ...
I think the theory is that the liver prioritises processing alcohol over its other duties and that keeps it too busy to hand out glucose in its usual lavish way.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gluten free no palm oil no added sugar
All to the good. I just noticed this among the ingredients: "ground Fairtrade coffee beans (2.5%)". Very useful info. for anyone wanting to make coffee flavoured walnut butter at home. I would not have guessed the proportion of coffee would be so high, nor that one could just use ground coffee. I would have thought coffee essence and been daunted at the prospect. Altogether @JohnEGreen a very useful lead.

PashLal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone 7.7
Contour 6.3
Still deciding on run or walk for gomad this morning, very wet & windy here
Merry Christmas everyone, hope Santa has been kind to you all
Hi Debbie, how do you get a reading on your phone?
I would love to know as I use a True Lite device to monitor my bg levels.
Thanks
Pash

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
10.4 - Well, chums, I’m certainly not worried and I’m not surprised. My Endosys is performing just as it should, for me, under stress as I’d expect. Need a week to get back to where I’m comfortable, again. I’ve enjoyed my “treats” and cosied-up with some stunning Couch-TV.

Have a safe and good week - E.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mojo37

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning - and up and about at 04:30. Unfun.

Had a scare last night, did my bedtime glucose check and it came in at 8.9, the highest number I've seen since I've been checking these things. Very worrying as it was over 3 hours since I'd eaten anything, and nothing I'd eaten at that point should have sent my numbers so high at all.

Then I remembered it was also 3 hours since I'd washed my hands before cutting pieces of cake/getting mince pies out for the menfolk. Remedied that and the meter said I was down to a much nicer number (5.6, at least some of which was, I suspect, adrenaline related)

Remember people, washing your hands is big AND clever ...

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 8.6
Contour 6.3 (definitely another dud, really annoying as it messes up my graphs & expected a1c, really need to trade him later)
Going for a short run for gomad when it’s light, then a long dog walk & turkey casserole with family is planned, hopefully the weather will be kind
Have a good day everyone

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning - and up and about at 04:30. Unfun.

Had a scare last night, did my bedtime glucose check and it came in at 8.9, the highest number I've seen since I've been checking these things. Very worrying as it was over 3 hours since I'd eaten anything, and nothing I'd eaten at that point should have sent my numbers so high at all.

Then I remembered it was also 3 hours since I'd washed my hands before cutting pieces of cake/getting mince pies out for the menfolk. Remedied that and the meter said I was down to a much nicer number (5.6, at least some of which was, I suspect, adrenaline related)

Remember people, washing your hands is big AND clever ...
I always wash my hands with hot soapy water first, if my fingers warm it’s easier to get blood out