What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. Looking back over my bloods past 6 months going from 3 meals a day to 2 bigger meals a day made a big difference to my morning bloods. I been in the 4's for 6 months now and i wonder will that show in my A1c. If its the same as my last A1c or a bit higher i might just start eating 3 times a day a few times a week just to put some weight back on as i feel so boney :). Have a great day everybody

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No Swipey no test here (Bob Marley's first attempt) but wanted to congratulate @MrsA2 on the excellent HbA1c and post echoed and supported by @PenguinMum. Good - however defined - fbg or overall control of The D, like the pursuit of happiness, is a perfectly sound idea. Neither has a copper bottomed guarantee of success. Both will also look totally different to each person. Them's my onions anyhow.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. Looking back over my bloods past 6 months going from 3 meals a day to 2 bigger meals a day made a big difference to my morning bloods. I been in the 4's for 6 months now and i wonder will that show in my A1c. If its the same as my last A1c or a bit higher i might just start eating 3 times a day a few times a week just to put some weight back on as i feel so boney :). Have a great day everybody
Your control is admirable. I can only do 2 meals a day when on holiday then I can indulge in substantial brunch at 10am and go through to supper but that doesn’t work in everyday life. I’m sure its worth you trying 3 meals if its not too carby. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Ryhia

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And today 6.6.

Bit of a sad day a friend of about 40 years passed away in the night he had had MND for several years.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lurk on this thread but don't post often as I can see no rhyme nor reason to what my fbg is.
I understand. Used to think that way, too. Seemed like a competition. I was wrong though. My reason for change of mind? Simply keeps me focused. If I don’t report I stop testing. If I stop testing I start eating things that are not good for me. By reporting here, I can give and receive feedback, and support.
However, what works for you, is encouraging, well done and thanks for sharing.
Oops, almost forgot.. 5.9 this morning with new meter. Teetering on the brink of sixes, or with room for error it could be within my estimated 5.4 range.
Several days with no meter, meant a bit of a casual disregard for what I consumed. Getting back to it pronto.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods doing their own thing this morning 6.4. Still feeling meh with this horrible cold. Its probably not affecting my bloods but I do comfort eat when I am not so well so lots of snacking going on.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I don’t report I stop testing. If I stop testing I start eating things that are not good for me
I do test everyday, luckily I don't need to report it but I do find posting my food keeps my mind concentrated.
My biggest fear is some emotional disaster that would send me back under the chocolate comfort blanket.
That's why I live and support this forum, so many hints and tips

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7.5 this morning (or Saturday morning as its now Sunday). Had two panic attacks during early hours of Saturday morning so expected my sugar to be a lot higher than 7.5 so slightly relieved but surprised at the same time. I am okay just too frightened to sleep in case of a reoccurrence of panic again :rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning
Libre 5.9/6.2
Finetest lite 5.8
Lovely sunny morning here,
treadmill intervals & quick run then gardening today
Enjoy the sunshine everyone
Exhausted reading that so far too tired to Swipe left or right. Go Team D

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 today. Have a great day everyone. Watched a gritter go past the house last night, strange times indeed :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 8.1 which is about as bad as it gets for me :banghead: Have a good Sunday everyone.
Possibly time for Stabbo to have a holiday? I am absolutely certain you are "doing all the right things" (™ Wiseacre Inc) and it is typical of you to add your wish for us to have a good Sunday. You too - maybe console your chaps after Brighton were beastly to their team:D

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2. Arrgh!
Ok, so I ate chips last night. So know the reason. Chips were nice with a dollop of mayonnaise. Won’t be repeating that meal a hurry, though. :)
I also add my Sunday best wishes greetings to one and all.
Be well folks.