What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7.1 at 6.30 this morning. Cycled for 35 mins, had lunch and was busy all day so basically have not had much to eat - checked at 5.30pm before dinner it was 5.3. So if I basically starve myself, throw in some exercise and keep busy its in the 5s :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

magsmal

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: mojo37

magsmal

i was 17.0 first thing this morning then done again 2 hours later and now 14.00 feeling **** for a few weeks and have been given Semaglutide injection but not sure if helping, fuzzy heads a lot of the day

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you find the right solutions, @magsmal . Do make use of the forums, and provide more information , such as type of diabetes, medication etc. I am sure members here will offer insights, and advice.

ps good to have you in this thread, too.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 for me today. Some swimming, some walking, some shopping. No time for lunch. Tempted to have a bit of a carb fest, as I suddenly feel very hungry. Having a chunk of cheese while I survey the contents of the fridge. I wasn’t shopping for food, so need inspiration. Think it will be an omelette, as that will be quick and I need fast food. :D
I also like to hang on to those early 5s and avoiding DP.

Reactions: rtownsend7

RosemaryJackson

@Pipp, thanks for your post. I used to go to a Vitality class in a nearby village. But I stopped when I became ill and during my time off, the class closed down! The class in my own village is full so have been looking online for some and found some sitting exercises.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp, thanks for your post. I used to go to a Vitality class in a nearby village. But I stopped when I became ill and during my time off, the class closed down! The class in my own village is full so have been looking online for some and found some sitting exercises.
Well done!
During the enforced isolation of covid lockdowns, when I was confined to house due to being deemed clinically extremely vulnerable, I found online chair based exercises, and Pilates instructions. I didn’t join in any virtual online classes, but would consider doing so if isolated again.

edit: Ooops, just realized, I derailed the thread. Mods,it was @RosemaryJackson , led me astray. :bag:Sorry.:facepalm: