What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day two of fast 800 yesterday. Doing low carb/IF too. 7.4 at bedtime, 5.7 this morning- lowest am reading so far!

I’m so hungry I could eat my own arm!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.1 first thing then 10.3 2hrs after breakfast 30 carbs ( did some exercise after food ) so although the numbers are far from good the rise isn't bad ...if you know what I mean .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 today.

Having cataract surgery tomorrow morning so may not be on line till late in the day bit anxious but looking forward to being able to see properly again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone
This is my first time on this chat. Used to live in London, but retired to the Caribbean. I did my BS (not right away when I got up) and it was 9.1. It was 11.0 a couple days ago. Tomorrow I'll get it done as I get up. Hopefully I'm heading in the right direction.
Welcome @Geetasingh. Heading in the right direction? Retiring to the Carribbean suggests you certainly are.

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day two of fast 800 yesterday. Doing low carb/IF too. 7.4 at bedtime, 5.7 this morning- lowest am reading so far!

I’m so hungry I could eat my own arm!
Ooh, no, don’t eat the arm. Try some other sort of protein instead if you are hungry. Though be encouraged by your lowest am reading. I find that so uplifting when the fasting levels are tamed.
Had 5.8 myself today. On a good run of 5s at the moment. Which is stopping me from indulging in the wrong choices.:)

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh, no, don’t eat the arm. Try some other sort of protein instead if you are hungry. Though be encouraged by your lowest am reading. I find that so uplifting when the fasting levels are tamed.
Had 5.8 myself today. On a good run of 5s at the moment. Which is stopping me from indulging in the wrong choices.:)

I mean I’m vegan so does eating my own arm count as meat? well done on your numbers!yeah I’m feeling good about the decreased numbers too. My bm was 5 this morning! So like you it’s helping me stay on the wagon so to speak. I nearly caved last night as there was a packet of mixed nuts and a box of raspberries calling my name…but I went to bed instead. Yesterday was the second day I did not go into double figures (I peak at lunchtime despite not eating until after 1pm) so although the fast 800 keto is a struggle I am seeing a good run of numbers and losing a bit of weight too- long may it continue for all of us!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.2 so not the worst, best of the week if I want to be optimistic, but want to get back in the 6s. Fish Finger Firsday probs wont help but its got to be done.
Best wishes everyone, carry on carrying on. Congrats to the magnificent 5s.