What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RosemaryJackson

Happy Monday Morning everyone! 7.5 for me after an 8.1 bedtime reading. I don't understand why! Ive kept to very low carb numbers all week. I'm not stressed or ill. My hand is still not really usable but I can't blame that. I even wondered about joining the gym but not sure if, at nearly 84, I could cope! So...anybody... what's the answer????

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Monday Morning everyone! 7.5 for me after an 8.1 bedtime reading. I don't understand why! Ive kept to very low carb numbers all week. I'm not stressed or ill. My hand is still not really usable but I can't blame that. I even wondered about joining the gym but not sure if, at nearly 84, I could cope! So...anybody... what's the answer????
Rosemary I feel your frustration and can only send hugs. Are you able to go on walks? A lot of people on here find that helpful. I wonder if the sugar store is just being slow to shift, I wonder that about myself too.

RosemaryJackson

Rosemary I feel your frustration and can only send hugs. Are you able to go on walks? A lot of people on here find that helpful. I wonder if the sugar store is just being slow to shift, I wonder that about myself too.

Hi there. Atm I can't go on walks. I have a lung problem as well as Arthritis as well as a heart problem. I was so hoping to lose some weight so that I could perhaps go on short walks and build on that. But I'll carry on carrying on! Thanks for your welcome support.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.
It is for me, with another reading in the 5s today. 5.8.:)
@karen8967 , good to see you back. You have been missed.
@marionjeana , glad you have joined us. We all do our best, and it can be a rocky road, but just keep on doing, and encouraging each other through good and bad times. Stick with us.
@RosemaryJackson , I have for several years, apart from during lockdowns, attended a gym programme for people over age 50. I thought at my age, (let’s just say I am over state pension age, ) I would be the oldest there. Nope, some are old enough to be my parents. What is offered to us less mobile folk is chair based exercises, and adapted machines so that the resistance is gentle. There are people with all sorts of health impairments. Medical by HCP prior to starting, and regular health assessments every few weeks. All instructors are understanding and knowledgeable.Perhaps there is something similar near you? Though I don’t believe exercise can replace good eating regime for weight and T2 management, to prevent muscle wastage it is invaluable to me. There is also the social aspect. Oh and I won’t get on my favourite topic of of water based exercise. Post is already too long. :)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8 this morning started fasting at 1630 yesterday and remain low carb and cals so yeah my pancreas is just being a &£”£(;:** I guess. Sooner I hear back from the dsm with results of c peptide and gad bloods the sooner I can address what’s going on- my bms currently have no rhyme or reason

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning.
It is for me, with another reading in the 5s today. 5.8.:)
@karen8967 , good to see you back. You have been missed.
@marionjeana , glad you have joined us. We all do our best, and it can be a rocky road, but just keep on doing, and encouraging each other through good and bad times. Stick with us.
@RosemaryJackson , I have for several years, apart from during lockdowns, attended a gym programme for people over age 50. I thought at my age, (let’s just say I am over state pension age, ) I would be the oldest there. Nope, some are old enough to be my parents. What is offered to us less mobile folk is chair based exercises, and adapted machines so that the resistance is gentle. There are people with all sorts of health impairments. Medical by HCP prior to starting, and regular health assessments every few weeks. All instructors are understanding and knowledgeable.Perhaps there is something similar near you? Though I don’t believe exercise can replace good eating regime for weight and T2 management, to prevent muscle wastage it is invaluable to me. There is also the social aspect. Oh and I won’t get on my favourite topic of of water based exercise. Post is already too long. :)
thanks pip i lost my partner 8 weeks ago so will probably be popping in and out but trying to get back to some normality xx

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks pip i lost my partner 8 weeks ago so will probably be popping in and out but trying to get back to some normality xx
So sorry, @karen8967 . That is such a sad loss for you, and it will bev ‘new normality’ for you to navigate.
Just do whatever you feel is best for you, and know that you are valued in here.

Reactions: karen8967