What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 6.6
Reader 5.8
Finetest lite 5.2
Bike ride, gardening & painting patio furniture today
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had reduced food intake yesterday, didn’t feel like eating much. Will make up for it today, but the reduction back to 5s is a reminder to take it easy.

Reactions: RoughcutAU

RoughcutAU

5.1! Wow great start to my week before log for my DAFNE course next week. Trust the old T1D to play games.. they will probably ask why the hell i’m there. :p

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 6.1
Reader 5.4
Finetest lite 5.6
Pt before work this morning
Peleton/outdoor cycle/ or run after depending what time I finish
Have a good day everyone

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.3 this morning which is not too bad.:)
Wish me luck with my blood test folks although a miracle is more the order of the day. I tested my cholesterol this morning - my HDL and Trigs are stellar LDL on the other hand rubbish :bigtears:- Total Chol 7.61 far too high for them to be happy and my monitor measures at least a point lower than bloods taken at the hospital - time to brace up. :nailbiting:

EDITED to add: Do feel a little ashamed of myself for all the fuss I make, some of you guys are going through much greater issues than I experience - Thinking of you, you know who you are.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A very disappointing 7.6 today. Hoping for better. Have the best Monday you can. @Ryhia good luck with the test I think you will be fine.

Reactions: Ryhia

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.3 this morning which is not too bad.:)
Wish me luck with my blood test folks although a miracle is more the order of the day. I tested my cholesterol this morning - my HDL and Trigs are stellar LDL on the other hand rubbish :bigtears:- Total Chol 7.61 far too high for them to be happy and my monitor measures at least a point lower than bloods taken at the hospital - time to brace up. :nailbiting:

EDITED to add: Do feel a little ashamed of myself for all the fuss I make, some of you guys are going through much greater issues than I experience - Thinking of you, you know who you are.
Good luck, hope all goes well

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I better post on here to try to keep myself on track as best I can, dealing with a bereavement and my numbers are all over the place, Saturday 7.4, Sunday 6.7, this morning 6.0 but then tested an hour later without eating 7.4 .... went a 5 mile walk, 6.6.

We have managed to book a couple of nights away tonight, off to the Ayrshire coast, our happy place, I will start testing again when we get back on Wednesday.

I hope you all have a great day folks.
So sorry for your loss. I hope and pray your happy place provides some comfort at this sad time.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp I haven't congratulated you on becoming a mod again. So congratulations. I promise I'll try not to derail. :)
Thank you.
Though you do realize it means I have to behave, too? :banghead::D
This morning at 5:30 and no sleep at all my reading was 6.1. Three hours later after a light couple of hours sleep, 6.3.

Reactions: mojo37

BrenDorset

8.9 first thing this morning
Fasting BS level has been above 10 first thing in the morning for a while but seems to drop below 9 if I avoid carbs in the evening.
Morning levels are usually the highest BS during the day.
Perhaps, if I grit my teeth and try, I will fast for 8 hours during the day and measure it then to avoid morning syndrome.

RoughcutAU

4.9 FBG this morning. I can’t recall ever being sub 5 for a morning FBG before. I’ll take it - didn’t retest. Before Lunch 3.9 so might be adjust time again. Lucky i’m fasting tonight anyway for blood tests tommorrow so may as well do a basal test at same time.