What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.7 for me today things are improving all the time now just have to get my daily averages down below 9 :)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 this morning. We had fish and chips last night after a day out. We shared the fish so I had about one third with batter on, and we shared the chips. I had quite a few. But did check numbers on Libre 2 overnight and they stayed around 6 overnight and then that rise to 6.9 at 8am!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.5 - Less than yesterday. Emotionally I’m settling in to recognising and living with this erratic condition. My “win” this particular week is being relaxed about just how very long garnering, achieving lower levels takes, after medium to high levels of carbs intake. I am what I am. Just sometimes, now, I get myself depressed and, the “win” here, is to be kind to myself and relax down. And no, I realise 7s ain’t the new 5s, but whilst I’m moving forward I’ll be more relax living with this condition.

And in “other news” Castile Estragon is starting its facelift/refurbishment. D-Day is today, starting with the total replacement of the 35 year old double glazing and the removal of the woodwork. Yesterday, our now “preferred” Paint n Dec person got the job. It’ll take a month, split over three distinct tranches/periods. So, upheaval and then renewal. Exciting!

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 - Less than yesterday. Emotionally I’m settling in to recognising and living with this erratic condition. My “win” this particular week is being relaxed about just how very long garnering, achieving lower levels takes, after medium to high levels of carbs intake. I am what I am. Just sometimes, now, I get myself depressed and, the “win” here, is to be kind to myself and relax down. And no, I realise 7s ain’t the new 5s, but whilst I’m moving forward I’ll be more relax living with this condition.

And in “other news” Castile Estragon is starting its facelift/refurbishment. D-Day is today, starting with the total replacement of the 35 year old double glazing and the removal of the woodwork. Yesterday, our now “preferred” Paint n Dec person got the job. It’ll take a month, split over three distinct tranches/periods. So, upheaval and then renewal. Exciting!
We all need to be kind to ourselves, we’re all different & have our own battles
You should feel proud that you take the time to post every day, even if the numbers aren’t what you would like them to be
As has been said so many times before it’s a marathon not a sprint, we all need to keep moving forward & not stress about the pace
Hoe the renovations go well

Last edited:

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 today. Have a nice day everyone :)

ps just heard A1c is 30 and cholestrol is 5.7 :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughcutAU

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks DD! DG now, then P’nDec, then carpets, then Curtains and soft furnishings.
Renovations to the house and renovations to your lifestyle. Neither of those will go without a hitch/inconvenience. Seven years in and all I've learned is what I should have known at the start. Play each ball on its merits, forget about the last ball and don't try to be Viv Richards. Sell your wicket as dearly as you can. Them's my onions.

Last edited: