What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning. My first day with no insulin yesterday went well. I was in the low 6s before each meal and on 6.4 at bedtime. One day at a time…

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning
Libre 5.2
Finetest lite 5
5.4 average over the last 24 hours, libres happy I’m just exhausted
Rest day from exercise (apart from 100 squats) & another long day at work
Have a good day everyone

I find it interesting the differences between libre2 and blood strip readings. Sometimes they are very close and sometimes, usually at higher reading they can be quite different - up to a difference of around 2mmol/l

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So its birthday time today and got a nice present of my HbA1c results - they are never what I would hope to attain but in the grand scheme of things not bad, same as last year and actually better than I anticipated. Checking FBG every day certainly helps to keep things on track.:)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So its birthday time today and got a nice present of my HbA1c results - they are never what I would hope to attain but in the grand scheme of things not bad, same as last year and actually better than I anticipated. Checking FBG every day certainly helps to keep things on track.:)
Happy birthday and congratulations on HbA1c.

Reactions: Ryhia

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
This morning 7.3. Purchased a cheapish spinning bike so did 6.5 miles this morning and my sugar was 6.3 two hours after. Certainly using different muscles to the recumbent bike that I still use, I just needed to switch it up. Used a mountain walker on Weds and it nearly flat lined me :dead: Its getting easier though!

HI PEOPLE, AFTER READING A FEW OF YOUR MAILS, OOPS, that’s better, im a little concerned, i know nothing about diabetes, i was diagnosed, about 5yrs ago with type 2, all i got told was to check levels when i got up,, and note it down in the book they gave me, since covid the only contact i have is by phone,the nurse calls me and asks what my reading are, and then says she will call next day, my readings are between 10 and 24, i have problems with my vision, but they dont seem to bothered about it. As i said after reading your messages, my readings would seem quite high, am i getting the correct treatment do you think? I could do with a little assistance, as i dont know what im dealing with here. I have not really had my diabetes explained to me properly and now,after reading the messages on this site i feel :( Left out of the loop, can anyone offer advice? I only joined this site today, any advice would be greatful. Thanks. Best wishes to all. :rolleyes: Nina

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI PEOPLE, AFTER READING A FEW OF YOUR MAILS, OOPS, that’s better, im a little concerned, i know nothing about diabetes, i was diagnosed, about 5yrs ago with type 2, all i got told was to check levels when i got up,, and note it down in the book they gave me, since covid the only contact i have is by phone,the nurse calls me and asks what my reading are, and then says she will call next day, my readings are between 10 and 24, i have problems with my vision, but they dont seem to bothered about it. As i said after reading your messages, my readings would seem quite high, am i getting the correct treatment do you think? I could do with a little assistance, as i dont know what im dealing with here. I have not really had my diabetes explained to me properly and now,after reading the messages on this site i feel :( Left out of the loop, can anyone offer advice? I only joined this site today, any advice would be greatful. Thanks. Best wishes to all. :rolleyes: Nina

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

would you like to be given your own topic? (With your post.)
There can be advice given specific for you without deviating from the subject matter on the thread.

Kind regards,

Jaylee. (Moderator.)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All the sorry sevens are back 7.3. Happy Birthday @Ryhia and well done on the A1c. @veronica murray I hope you will get your post moved to the main forum and choose a thread name. Everyone here has walked the walk and will be glad to help. You are welcome here to post your FBG and a little comment. Btw are you under UK health care? Happy Saturday All.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.1 this morning. Off for a short break tomorrow, hope the sun holds for the rest of the week. Found out from the bloods nurse that they want me back in August so cant even relax the eating plan. The powers that be are certainly trying to keep me on the straight and narrow.

@PenguinMum @ianpspurs thank you for the birthday wishes.
@veronica murray Welcome to the forum - bloods do seem a little high so this page may help Normal and Diabetic Blood Sugar Level Ranges - Blood Sugar Levels for Diabetes,
this may be useful to you as well JoKalsbeek's blog | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community. I would definitely go with @Jaylee's recommendation and have your post moved to a new thread where lots of knowledgeable people will be able to offer support and encouragement.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right stinking FBG 9.6 yesterday and even slinkier one today with 10.2 . Though why I am dissing the numbers when it's my own lack of carb control I don't know .